Thread: Premiere CS3 and H264

Default Premiere CS3 and H264

First of all hello and congrats on a very thorough editing forum!
    And now for my problem: I have captured a 1080i material and I would like to burn in on a DL DVD, as a DVD (with menus and everything) with a resolution of at least 1280x720. I have captured it through Premiere CS3 and naturally have to burn it through encore. Problem is, I dont own a Blu Ray writer and Premiere wont let me export it at that resolution unless I set it to burn with a Blu Ray Writer. Now I recently bought Lead's H264 codec and thought that If I encoded with its high compression ratio it would allow me to burn on DL dvd (the materials length is 1 hour and a few minutes. But I dont know why Premiere doesnt see the encoder.

So, if you could give me some tips or alternatives I would be very grateful!
    Thank you in advance!

From the High Def forum at
    From Moderator Paul LS; Yes, you can get approximately 20 minutes on a single layer DVD including a menu and chapters. Easiest way is to use either ULEAD Video Studio 11+ or ULEAD DVD Moviefactory 6 or NERO 7/8. These programs allow burning of HDV footage to a standard DVD. They also allow a menu to be used with chapters and also have smart rendering so any untouched video is not rendered on burning thus maintaining quality. Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more