Thread: playback in premiere way too fast/slow

Default playback in premiere way too fast/slow

hello,
    i am having a frustrating, recurring issue in premiere. most video that i import will play almost 1000% faster or slower than it is supposed to, but the audio will be fine. i always make sure to set the correct FPS and presets. i'm not sure where to start in correcting this issue. i have after effects and it does not seem to suffer from this.
    thank you

2. Default

Not really sure why, but besides having effects straining the cpu, the clips might be in different codecs. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chattha View Post
    Not really sure why, but besides having effects straining the cpu, the clips might be in different codecs. Just a guess.
    to test this theory i converted them to different formats and got the same issue

4. Default

I just realized that I had this problem one time when I installed a few un-official codec packs which caused problems with playback.
    usually, premiere installs or works with certain codecs but all goes wrong if there is a codec conflict. You might want to check if there are certain media players/codec packs or such installed which might be causing problems.

Hope it helps.

i installed CCCP (combined community codec pack), it is supposed to be very reliable. but i will temporarily uninstall it and see if remedies the issue. it is the only codec pack i have installed.

6. Default

These usually are the root of the problem. This should probably solve your problem. Though if it doesn't, try reinstalling premiere again, but don't install any codecs before trying it out. Do tell how it works out.