Thread: New video (waiting constructive criticism)

Lightbulb New video (waiting constructive criticism)

this is just one of many videos i will be making as i am really into filming the arts of parkour. i have taken extra detail in the editing side of it, trying to match the images with the beats as much and as necessary as possible, trying to not over do it haha. but yeh, tell me what you think and my ears are open to listen to any constructive criticism you throw at me. thank you :P
    Antoine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pk View Post
    this is just one of many videos i will be making as i am really into filming the arts of parkour. i have taken extra detail in the editing side of it, trying to match the images with the beats as much and as necessary as possible, trying to not over do it haha. but yeh, tell me what you think and my ears are open to listen to any constructive criticism you throw at me. thank you :P
    AntoineYouTube - FISH
    I don't think you really help yourself with your choice of music. That Mr Scruff track just doesn't work I'm afraid. You'll need something more like "Mr Spandex Man" - something where the music itself suggests movement. With the track I mentioned, there's a constant changing beat that creates a rythm. By synching edits on and off the beat, you create a much more interesting video.

It was all a bit too slow, and the visuals did little to grab the viewers attention. The edits didn't 'add' anything, but seemed rather to be placed at points where something different happened. Think about why you're editing other than just to change the scene. Edits can add impact, tell a story or introduce a new pace for example.

Blog Entries

Yea - wrong tune - Spandex deffo better.

Apart from that I qute liked it. Some snappy enditing in the first part joining dif pov well - that is one of the tools of film any fil maker needs to use.

It also helped that the performers were really very good.

' I will get my arse dirty ' - at the start - lols. ANd I love how awakward the 2 at the end look.

My final criritcism is one i foten trot out - INFROMATION - INTERVIEWS. That wqould add depth and hunam interst.

Blog Entries

Treid the vidoe with the spandex tune - tis true - Marc is right - works well.

Default nice

Nice I liked it, I use to "trick" also, I couldn't do some of the stuff you guys pulled which was awesome, I was suprised I didn't see the wall flip though :( thats like the first move I learned so I thought it was easy, maybe you guys just didn't add it to the video..

Anyways the shots and editing were nice, the music freaked me out but everything else was good for what kind of video it was.

Good job

i was given a challenge by a friend to try and make a parkour day video with a specific song, unfortunately i was given the song Fish by Mr. Scruff haha so yeah i kind of agree with the random choice of song but i think Spandex man is too much of a plain beat and doesnt go well with it without taking away that moment of the day kind of thing. if i were to make a serious video about movement i would really plan it all out to my best abilities to get the picture and the sound right to exsentuate the fluid moment but it was just a fun video challenge hehe. i appreciate the criticism and i am sure to improve after more of it :P
    thanks alot guys and keep movin!

P.S yh wall flips were just simply missed out. i think after doing them for ages you tend to not see them as a big thing if you get me. but yh i will try and include that in another video some time as it looks like a majority of people are quite fond of them :P