Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Widescreen Vs not

1. Default Help! Widescreen Vs not

Hi,

I'm working on a project which has been supplied and which includes a mixture of widescreen and 14:3 aspect cuts off istockphoto. The obvious problem here is that wheh the finished video is rendered it switches between widescreen and 14:3 which is obviously not ideal as the finished project needs to be played in a standard flash player size.

Can anyone please suggest how I can get the original media to match so my entire project displays at the same aspect?

I've obviously tried standardising the settings in rendering process and in the properties menu but this doesn't seem to help.

2. Default

By the way - I'm using Sony Pro 8 - got to keep the forum monitors happy :0)

Blog Entries

What format are you rendering to? I always render as AVI first, and then encode that file into MPEG for dvd or wmv for web etc. I never have aspect problems working like that.

4. Default

Basically, the videos came in Quicktime from istockphoto, I've then added them to a Vegas project and am rendering the project to .wmv and from there using CSuper to convert further to a .swf and then Flash video encoder to a .flv file to install onto a website.

However, the problem seems to be with getting the source footage in Vegas (the Quictime from istockphoto) to all be the same aspect - I think !!??

5. Default

Can anyone help get rid of my black bars at top of istockphoto video clips?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    Can anyone help get rid of my black bars at top of istockphoto video clips?
    The only way you'll be able to do that is to zoom in on the clip in vegas (using Pan & Crop) Obviously you'll lose bits left and right, but what other option is there? (Apart from stretching it vertically which you could also do - but I presume you don't want to)
    Tim

7. Default

I think I've had a 'bit' of success basically just re-rendering each original Quicktime clip as a .avi ensuring that they all have the same size options and then it seems that basically I'm going to have to re edit my project using the new clips. Bummer !

I tried cropping the black bars out but because they seem to be embedded in the original, the crop just scales the black bars down too!!

Blog Entries

Import into a 16:9 project and then scale up. You'll lose the black bars and won't lose any picture.

9. Default

When you say scale up, do you mean change the size setting in the properties menu?

Blog Entries

If that's how you scale in Vegas, then yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast