Thread: Adobe Flash

Arrow Adobe Flash

Hey everyone,

Sorry if wrong section but was just wondering

What can Flash be used for?

I know it does a lot of website stuff, but im only interested really (for now at least) whether it can be used in video editing, I've messed about with it a bit but couldnt make the background transparent so that if I did export a project to edit in Premiere I wouldnt have to mess about with keying the (white out)

I'd kinda like to learn those vine graphics effects you see now a days alot, so that I could learn other stuff too, I know AE can do that but I dont know alot of AE yet, I realised that in Flash the vectors look much better and come out much better in video, I tried to make a few vector graphics in photoshop and if zoomed in it starts going pixely, I have no idea why, I always use 500 resolution which I know you dont even need that much, any help would be great.

Flash for video editing?
    Whats best for vector shapes? Photoshop, Illustrator?

Thanks in advance
    Gonz

I've been wondering the self same thing. Now I have Flash with CS4 I;m wondering what I migth actually use it for. No idea yet. At the moment I'm with you and think it's just rich content for web pages. We'll see.

But for vector shapes use Illustrator.

Smile Illustrator

I read somewhere that Flash was used in "Romeo and Juliet", I think the latest one, the first "film" used on, but dont know how or what was used for, would be good to find out

Illustrator! sweet thanks I thought it might be better, I'll have a go on that and see how it comes out along with video behind and stuff, thanks again
    Last edited by gonz; 12-03-2008 at 02:50 PM.
    Gonz

Although Flash's video importing abilities have been greatly enhanced since adobe acquired Flash, i would not recommend flash for video editing. flash is mainly used for web design and vector animation. anything that you can do to video in flash you can do better in after effects or premiere.

Yeah your absolutly right, yeah man

Thanks I think I kinda understood a few other things, and I've had a go on Illustrator, thanks guys apreciate it
    Gonz