Thread: menu problem

Default menu problem

hi, I donīt know if this is a premiere problem or after eff. or encore. I hope I didnīt post in the wrong section. what Iīm tring to do is a scene selection menu wich would have little thumbnails for each chapter and in thoes thumnails I need to have a video preview of that chapter. I have tied everything I could think about but no luck. I am only able to put a poster frame for each chapter but my boss wants the video. So if you could please tell me if thatīs posible and how to do it.
    Thank you.

You do this in Encore.

You have a menu with buttons with the poster frame visible right? Easy from there. Just select the menu and inthe properties pallette just tick the 'animate buttons' options. Then render the motion menus under the 'file' menu. That's it.

thanks a lot Alan, you really helped me man.

Glad I could help. Strange thing though, in order to quote you the correct answer I fired up my new copy of Encore CS4 for the first time. Dragged in a couple of assets and created a menu from a template. Allocated some chapters and then when I hit the render menus option the s/w crashes every single time. Seems CS4 is nto bullet proof at all. Still, these were assets created on a different PC so may just be a codec issue I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    Glad I could help. Strange thing though, in order to quote you the correct answer I fired up my new copy of Encore CS4 for the first time. Dragged in a couple of assets and created a menu from a template. Allocated some chapters and then when I hit the render menus option the s/w crashes every single time. Seems CS4 is nto bullet proof at all. Still, these were assets created on a different PC so may just be a codec issue I suppose.
    Hey Alan..is it possible you can give a simple step by step guide for creating menus..I just cant seem to get around to using Encore properly

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    For the record. This problem went away with today's patch to 4.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by shaf View Post
    Hey Alan..is it possible you can give a simple step by step guide for creating menus..I just cant seem to get around to using Encore properly
    Not conveniently no. sorry.

However, a ten second google brought this up. Might help.

Beginners Adobe Encore Tutorial - Video Training CD

Good thread link. It seems that it will answer the questions that I was looking for answers to.

Frank