Thread: HDYC Problem

Default HDYC Problem

Good Morning All,

I wonder if anyone could help me with a problem i have before i god completey mad trying to find a solution.

Firstly here'w my set-up:-

BlackMagic Intensity Pro Captuirng HDMI Video direct from a Development Xbox360, and analouge audio.

Sony Vegas Pro 8.1 x64

Right here goes...we've done about a days work of captuirng from the Xbox 360 using Blackmagics Own Media Express captuing software with the following settings :-

Video Format :- 720p 59.94
    Compresion Type :- Uncompressed 8-bit YUV

Now the captures play back with no problems in Windows Media Player, but when i try and drop the file on the timeline in Sony Vegas the Audio loads and i get the error "Stream Attributes Could Not Be Determined" for the Video.

Ive ran GSpot on the file and it shows me the codec is HDYC, but that is it i've hunted high and low for the right codec or how i fix this problem but no one seems to know whats going on, I've even called BlackMagic Design and they just said retake the capture using Sony Vegas instead of our software!

I would be really most grateful if anyone could help me with this as there has been a lot of das work done on the captures and I would hate to loose it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Did you try installing any software/codecs/drivers that came packaged with your camera?

I have learned that with HD cameras, installing the software that came with the camera helps 99% of the time...

HI There,

Yeah i've installed the codecs supplied by Black Magic but there is no joy

Heres a copy of the GSpot Report :-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

I dont understrand all this capturing from games - but you do appear to be amking your life extra complicated - 8bit uncompressed at 720p 60 fps - that is a very odd way to capture and I guess vegas is like - wtf is that !!!

Cant you capture using a ' normal ' codec?