Thread: Unusually large sizes for rendered movies - Sony Vegas

Question Unusually large sizes for rendered movies - Sony Vegas

Okay, I'm back boys and girls with a new problem. When I render a movie to .avi it estimates it to about 10-100 mb, so what the **** is going on when it ends up as 1.44 gb?

And that was just a conversion of the intro of my ongoing project, at the moment it's 10 times larger than the intro.

SO! How do I manage to keep the rendered file size on a low value? And If i want it to a DVD, any tips on how make it so? Thinking about rendering a .avi then making it Xvid and then convert it to DVD...If that now is at all possible. File formats is not my thing...Yet.

Blog Entries

Please post project settings and all details of the template you are using to create the avi.
    How long is the section you're trying to render? What dimensions?
    Where abouts does it estimate 10-100MB? I don't see anywahere where it tells me this.

As for your second question, create your finished "master" as an avi using the DV codec (ie a standard avi, 4:3 or 16:9) Then create your DivX and your DVD from that.
    Tim

The template found in properties that I've found is:

"Custom (720x576; 25,000 fps)"

And while rendering it I tried to render as a PAL DV. The section that I tried to render that ended up on one point something gigabyte was one minute while the current project is estimated to be 25 min. - 30 min.

Damnit...I found it before, some kind of little window to your right which before rendering after choosing your options, you got to see an estimated file size down by the amount with two decimals.

Blog Entries

Twisted, I'm afraid we're going to need more clues than that. Please list your project settings (file | properties) and EXACTLY what you're doing - step by step - in order to render as a DV avi.

Also EXACTLY what version of Vegas or Movie Studio are you running?

INTERRUPTION (sudden thought): Are you ONLY rendering the one minute or are you rendering 30mins of black after your movie?
    Tim

Default Gigabite file sizes for seconds of video.

Hi Tim, I think I am having the same problem, files in the Gigabite size for a few seconds worth of video, didnt notice I was playing back mostly black screen, as I thought the file had finished playing. I have got Vegas Pro 9, how do I just confine it to rendering the few seconds I want?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simoni View Post
    I have got Vegas Pro 9, how do I just confine it to rendering the few seconds I want?
    Create a selection on the timeline of the bit you want to render (click and drag, or press I (for in) and O (for out) to create the start and end points of the selection.
    When you render, tick the box which says "render selection only".
    Tim

Thanks Tim,