Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Expo

Default Video Expo

Broadcast Video Expo: 17 - 19 February 2009, Earls Court 2 London

Anyone else signed up yet? I'm planning on all three days this (next?) year!

We never seem to get more than three or four of us manage it but perhaps we should, once again, try to get a few of us to meet up.

I owe a coffee to one and am owed a coffee by another here. Time to make good. You know who you are!!!

I'll be easy to spot. Just look for the fat bloke looking lost without his gun grabbing every freebie he can get his grubby paws on!

Blog Entries

Yep, I'll be there on the Tuesday Alan.. and it's been three years since you bought me that coffee. Inflation says I only owe you a paper cup of water. I'll be looking for a deal on a Smooth Shooter or similar. Hoping there's some cracking deals on offer.

Blog Entries

I hope to be there too.

well I'm not working on the 17th so will try to get along this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Yep, I'll be there on the Tuesday Alan.. and it's been three years since you bought me that coffee. Inflation says I only owe you a paper cup of water. I'll be looking for a deal on a Smooth Shooter or similar. Hoping there's some cracking deals on offer.
    Good stuff. The Smooth Shooter is a great piece of kit. I've still never really done justice to mine though. Depending on your camera and what you want to do with it though, consider the Steadicam Merlin. It's small, ligfhtweight and folds up into a matchbox (almost!). A colleague of mines swears by his.

Blog Entries

I think that is me wot owes you Alan so I had best get myself there again.

And dont forget that car race thing - I got 4th best on the day if I recall - that alone is good reason for anyone to visit.

Hint - get a badge that says something cool. I am sure I was getting schmoozed cos of my badge ' zaskar films - Director ' - lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I think that is me wot owes you Alan so I had best get myself there again..
    Actually Mark, it is me that owes you!

It's Andy that owes me and, boy, don't I let him know it

Seriously though, just wann meet people up there this time. We never seem to all get there.

I will be there for all three days at the Sony stand and doing seminars for Vegas 8 pro and DVD-A, plus answering any questions, pop over and say hello...

Blog Entries

I'll be there too, doing seminars under the banner of the STLD, (Society of Television Lighting Directors) I'm easy to recognise...probably the only one under 60 and definitely the only one not moaning how everything was better in the "golden age of television" and that it's all gone downhill since "Dad's army".

I have a feeling that my seminars this year will be internet based (lighting small TV studios, filming for the web, that sort of thing).

Blog Entries

Steady on - Dad's Army rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast