Thread: Pickled Eggs Part Three

Default Pickled Eggs Part Three

Following on from part two: Chris and Flem follow Psycho Nick to the woods, but pretty soon discover they are the focus of some unwanted attention of their own...

YouTube - Pickled Eggs - Part Three: 'Presidents'

Blog Entries

OK you've got me hooked. I've no idea whether the films are improving technically as I've got drawn into the characters & plot. And that's the general idea isn't it. Keep 'em coming.
    Interesting aspect ratio by the way. Works well.
    Tim

Blog Entries

yep me too - hooked and it works so well my disbelief is suspended and technical criticisms seem alomst trite.

But having said that....

Just in a few places the editing felt off the pace - bit slow in the woods and a few other places.

Sound was betterer and I just loved the music - sounds bespoke - is it?

All in all I want to shake both your hands and then slap you cos i aint never finished anything this cool.

Thanks guys! Iíd be the first to hold my hands up and admit that not everything on the technical side works 100% all the time. There were never more than three pickled eggs on set at any one time, and mistakes were definitely made along the wayÖ

Itís really encouraging to get positive feedback on the plot/characters etc though because itís the one aspect of stuff like this which itís hard to retain any kind of meaningful perspective on long-term. By the time stuffís been written, re-written, shot, re-shot and edited umpteen times it feels so familiar that gauging whether its funny/interesting/whatever is almost impossible. Friends tend to give an easier ride with comedy stuff too I think Ė everything looks funnier if you know the people in it. Getting feedback from strangers really is massively helpful Ė thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Interesting aspect ratio by the way. Works well.
    I think itís wound up in slight squash-o-vision actually! After one of your comments about part one (which I agreed with 100% btw) Iíve been going through obsessively grabbing still-frames from all my wobbly signpost shots! For some reason the still-frame shots seemed to go all letterboxed in the final render, and ticking the stretch-to-fill option in Vegas before rendering was the only thing that cured it. (I think I might have grabbed the still-frame from a 4:3 preview-window and put it on a widescreen timeline Ė but I didnít think of that before I youtubed it due to my being stupid). So, in a way, the aspect-ratio is largely a combination of you telling me off for not using a tripod, and me being a clot with Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Sound was betterer and I just loved the music - sounds bespoke - is it?
    Nope, itís all off-the-peg! But I did fiddle with it and cut and paste a bit.

Iíve wanted to use the Kasabian track (from the car-park scene) in something ever since I first heard the tune, so it was sort of in my head while we put the scene together. In a way I guess the filmís bespoke rather than the music in some places. If that makes any senseÖ

Blog Entries

Yea - hear a tune - love it - inspires a film - that happens to me often and sometimes results in my fav work.

Please keep making them, I am hooked as well. I would offer advise but I have none to offer, as far as I'm concearned, the short commings actually add more feel to the series. They give it an attitude almost of "this is just the way it is". Only my opinion though, but from my perspective, the "office space" type charicter development is the main thing that hooks a person. And if you've never seen Office space, just know that your doing it very well. Good job and I look forward to seeing more.
    Ryan AKA rgander1 AKA "the videobloggoligist"

Default my 2 cents

Overall, I really liked that but I felt like the pacing was slow. when the action is over, get off the shot.

I didn't see the first two parts, so obviously I am missing something.