Thread: Project setting --please help

Default Project setting --please help

Hi all

Please give me really good advise ,I am having major problem with my project setting, you can let me know where I am wrong or
    any other work around will be more tahn welcome
    I am shooting my footage on canon HV20 , SETTING - HDV + 24P
    AND I AM TRYING TO EDIT IN aDOBE PREMEIRE PRO2.

Question 1
    When I capture video it get stored as .mpeg but I checked few tutorials their HDV videos are in .m2k (dont know exactly but
    its 3 letters)
    Any thing I m doing wrong or missing anything REGARDING CAPTURING ?

Question 2
    My program monitor is of 1440*1080
    what ever different setting I m trying to use it to get 2 things
    1. No compromise of video quality
    2. Frame size of footage to be equal to Program monitor size i.e 1440*1080

I will explain you different setting I am using and you can let me know which is right
    Tried with
    ****HDV 720P 30***
    Both conditions are not met - quality has lit bit bluriness and frame is 1280*720

****HDV 1080I 30(sONY 60i)****
    Both condition met --- was happy with that but yesterday night when I try to build customise DVD layout , It was not picking the photos which try to put as a dvd background image ...I tried the same photos oon different setting it was working good...
    so found this problem .....
    *****DV 24P*****
    Quality is good but when I burnt my DVD and played on my dvd palyer on 16:9 widescreen tv it was not covering the full screen but approx around 14:9
    so was not happy

Please let me know solution to my above probelm I will be very helpful to u all
    thanks
    manraj

Not sure if this is good advice or not but it;s my BEST advice based on what you're actually told us so far....

1) You have Premiere Pro CS3 right. Native captuiring of HDV in Premiere pro gives the .mpeg files you've noticed. If you capture using OnLocation (which should have come with Premier Pro) then you will get the M2T files you were thinking of. You should be able to edit either ok.

2) Both conditions were NOT met with 720 setting. Instead of 1080 you had 720 which is much less lines so you lost image quality. You shot 1080 24p right? The ALWAYS start with a project template that matches your footage.

Edit in HDV and then when it comes to export then export to MPEG DVD to build your DVD with. You didn't give any detaisl of how you are building your DVD or with what s/w so can't really comment on those problems. I have no idea what
    It was not picking the photos which try to put as a dvd background image
    means.

All I can say again is choose the rigth preset for your DVD project. i.e. HDV will trabnslate quite nicely into 16:9 widescreen so choose a widescreen preset.

Thanks for your valuable advise

1) You have Premiere Pro CS3 right. Native captuiring of HDV in Premiere pro gives the .mpeg files you've noticed. If you capture using OnLocation (which should have come with Premier Pro) then you will get the M2T files you were thinking of. You should be able to edit either ok.
    No I am having Adobe premeire pro 2. when you say "OnLocation" what do you mean by that is there any setting for that.
    ======

Regarding DVD

I am using Premeire pro "Dvd Layout" option and I ll give you alls tep

1. First I select "DVD Layout"
    2. A small window comes up with option "Change Template"
    3. I select template but in effect control window whenI try to import any image or video it does nto show up in the DVD layout window but same thing happens properly whenI do with setting DV24P or DV Pal or HDV 720p. Do I have to reset some presetting if yes can you plz let me know how?

appreciate your help

Quote Originally Posted by mmarhala View Post
    Thanks for your valuable advise

No I am having Adobe premeire pro 2. when you say "OnLocation" what do you mean by that is there any setting for that.
    My bad for not reading your post properly. OnLocation is another app that comes budled with Premiere Pro CS3 onwards and not with v2 - sorry. I never captured HDV with v2 (I always used the Cineform tools) but presume you're left with the mpeg option only then unless you find another capture utility.

======

Regarding DVD

I am using Premeire pro "Dvd Layout" option and I ll give you alls tep

1. First I select "DVD Layout"
    2. A small window comes up with option "Change Template"
    3. I select template but in effect control window whenI try to import any image or video it does nto show up in the DVD layout window but same thing happens properly whenI do with setting DV24P or DV Pal or HDV 720p. Do I have to reset some presetting if yes can you plz let me know how?

appreciate your help
    Sorry, never used v2 for DVD creation so can;t offer any advice here.