Thread: Problem Importing from DVD Cam

Default Problem Importing from DVD Cam

I am having a problem importing from my Sony DVD handycam. It goes through the process only at the end an error message pops up "an exception has occured" I have downloaded the latest updates, removed and reinstalled my software. I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 ver. 9b

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I too have a dvd camcorder, and I know your pain. Ive been fortunate not to have this exact problem, but my sonic udf reader (I believe sony bought sonic?) screws up ALOT. I was in the pattern of uninstalling all of sonys software that cam with my camcorder, going to program files and deleting the sonic folder. Than when I reinstalled it would work for a short time again.

However now I just import my video files off dvds with Nero. If you dont have nero, try and find another program that will import video from your camera.

I dont know if this will help at all . Ive just turned to other software to do sonys work.

Everything worked fine in Studio 6.0. But had to upgrade computer and went ahead and bought studio 9 and can't get it to work. Like I said I put the mini DVD in and it goes through the importing process and then I get the error "an exception has occured".

Thanks for helping

Blog Entries

Without wanting to teach grandmothers to suck eggs, your are importing the DVD by going File | Import DVD Camcorder Disc, aren't you?
    Tim

Yes - Project/Import DVD Disc

Blog Entries

Finalised the DVD?
    Tim

I have tried finalized DVDs and non-finalized DVD's and get the same results.

Blog Entries

I can only suggest you take it up with Sony Creative Software via the website. It may take a few days, but they will get back to you. Srry I can't suggest anything further.
    BTW they may get you to uninstall again, but this time with some additional clean up utils they send.
    Tim

Blog Entries

It may be instructive if you can try this on another pc. Vexing, these dvd cam problems are usually due to the ace in the hole - needing to finalize - but we played that card already.

Sony told me that Vegas is not compatible with 64 bit Vista - they say I would have to go to Vegas Pro 8.1. If I am going to spend this kind of money for editing software would anyone recommend another product or should I stick with Vegas.