Thread: Our new music video.

Default Our new music video.

Hi my name is mike, I am new here. I love video production, photography and music. I work with a few friends of mine under the name: Wiggle In The Road Records. I love what I do and I want to do it for the rest of my life. I am only 16 and I am excellent at video production, recording, photography and website design.We are a new record company with a new recording philosophy...

It's all about the song.

Until now, the recording industry was all about the performer. We are changing all of that.

How? By taking excellent songs from great songwriters and recording them with faceless performers and bands, which enables us to glorify, as it should be, the song and the songwriter.

Here is our new music video we all worked hard on.

Default no critics?

no critics?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    no critics?
    In less than 2 hours no. What do you expect? This isn't YouTube, but a forum of videomakers. We may be small in number, but we're perfectly formed. You may not get any criticism for a week or two from some members, but when you do it'll be worth its weight in DV tapes.
    Tim

Well I liked it.

Music first. That is a quality recording, my only observation there on the down side is the lead voc was a bit too far forward sometimes for me, but otherwise the kit sound was a real treat, the guitar clean and concise, bass working with the kit well and everything smoothing along along as creamy as a creamy thing. Nice!

Visually the piece was commendable, I did think that there was an excess of static camera shots, where we see a nice bit of camera movement and POV stuff in the start it kind of petered out somewhat. Lighting was good, the image generally very clean and refreshingly 'normal' look to it. Some of the mime sync didn't sit very well, he seemed to be over exaggerating mouth movement, buy hey, that may be real for all I know, it just looked like what my daughter does when she's mimicking me!

Overall, a sound quality smooth production which was pleasurable to watch and listen to, even though I'm no particular lover of the genre.
    Last edited by Jerry Hill; 11-19-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Thumbs up good job

The only thing I really picked out was lip-sync inconsistencies in a few parts. Your obviously using good equipment to get a sharp clean picture and the audio track was very clean as well. Over all very good. Mind you this is coming from a video editor of humorous bloggs, not a producer. But I offer what I can. I think If all you had wrong was a few lip sync errors then your way ahead of the game.

Blog Entries

And cos you bumped and then didnt say thanks - I aint going to bother - so there

Blog Entries

I do wonder why you're asking opinions as you've clearly already decided
    " am only 16 and I am excellent at video production, recording, photography and website design."

I was very impressed by the vid. Jerry's comment about it being "refreshingly normal", was spot on (Nice phrase, Jerry - think I might borrow it)

But I'm not going to praise it cos I absolutely detest your attitude in the quote above.

AND ditto what Mark said.
    Tim