Thread: Dead Space in finished products

Default Dead Space in finished products

i am having trouble with premier pro cs3. after i export any video there is this all this black dead space around the window. i know some of this is normal and i have tried making the size of the project bigger in pxels but to no avail. the project will not get bigger and im stumped. any helpful ideas will be greatly appreciated.

You mean you have a large black border all the way around the outside of your final export?

Either you footage is too small for your comp or your comp settings are wrong for your footage.

What are the settings of both your comp and your footage?

i shot the footage on 1080i in camera. and all of the setting in the system match that. i have opened the help menu and followed that to the letter on how to export a certain size. so i have tried to export again but trying to change the settings while the source and the other window are open. i forget the name of it. but it is another tab with the sorce. im changing the settings on there to reflet 1080i as well. but still get this very small video window.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki899 View Post
    i shot the footage on 1080i in camera. and all of the setting in the system match that. i have opened the help menu and followed that to the letter on how to export a certain size. so i have tried to export again but trying to change the settings while the source and the other window are open. i forget the name of it. but it is another tab with the sorce. im changing the settings on there to reflet 1080i as well. but still get this very small video window.
    Lots of words but no real information there. Sorry. Post an image of your export options used so we can see them.