Thread: videos edited in V Movie Studio 9.0 will not open in QuickTme, VLC Player, etc.

1. Default videos edited in V Movie Studio 9.0 will not open in QuickTme, VLC Player, etc.

I am doing a project which involves adding captions to videos and because of the captioning software I am using (MAGpie 2.0), the videos have to be in both .mov and .flv format. The videos I am working with were originally in MPEG-4 format. When I imported them into Vegas Movie Studio (to do some minor editing) they were only recognized as audio files. To get around this, I converted them to .mov files. After editing with Movie Studio, my edited versions are now .vf files and they will not open in Quicktime, or VLC Media Player, or far as I can see, anything other than Movie Studio. I tried to convert them to .mov using Prism 1.2, but Prism doesn’t recognize the .vf format. (I thought this might have something to do with the fact that I started by using the trial version of Movie Studio. But I bought it online before I actually edited my videos). Even more interesting is that the .mov versions of my videos that I loaded into Vegas for editing were read by Vegas as MPEG-4 files! (am I in the twilight zone or what). I am wondering if anyone knows how I can get my videos back into .mov.

Files with the extension .vf are *project files* for Sony Vegas; these are NOT video files. You will need to "render" your movie into the type of file that you need, which you can do through your Sony Vegas project: File --> Render as...