Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fatal Deviation X

Talking Fatal Deviation X

First post!!

Back in ye olde 1998 a (crazy) Irishman decided to make a martial arts movie. It was and still is the only Irish martial arts movie ever and over time has become something of a cult classic.

To celebrate 10 years of this masterpiece de celluloid I decided to download the movie from it's 8 constituent parts on Youtube and sew it back together in the only way I know how, ie, via the inescapable medium of montage.

And so, I give you dear reader, Fatal Deviation X complete with awful dialogue, plot holes, bad acting, terrible script and nonsensical story. Enjoy!

YouTube - Fatal Deviation X

Ronan,
    Ireland.

(OOPS! Should this be in the Fans Videos section? I'm very new and silly. Hence my confusion.)
    Last edited by m83; 11-18-2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: general silliness

Ronan Your work is really good i felt so enjoy and want to apreciate to you.
    Last edited by marieflynn; 11-19-2008 at 07:00 AM.

Even though I watched this with no sound, I can easily tell that this could probably be one of the greatest bad movies ever made which means I naturally love it!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Quote Originally Posted by Fingercuff View Post
    Even though I watched this with no sound, I can easily tell that this could probably be one of the greatest bad movies ever made which means I naturally love it!
    Oh such delights await when you get to view it with sound! Easily one of the best worst movies ever! Ha!

Blog Entries

Heck of an entry to the forum.

That film taken as a whole is one of the most entertaining mad things I have seen in ages. If that dont win this months best film I am turnip.

I think it would be churlish to criticise the obvious failings as it just all works so totally convincingly together.

Guns, knives, sex, babes, body builders, a person in a sack, random violence, love - heck this is what enthusiat films should be like.

I aint moving this to 'fan films' as for me it is better than that sections usual fare.

The credits alone show how much work went into this. As a film it was sensibly made too - beneath the madness and sppofery and tom follery there beats the heart of a well made film.

Stars.

( is it just me or are user vids really picking up?)

Having not been around here too long I couldn't say... But I've seen lots of stuff here lately that has really entertained me. Probably would never have found half of it on youtube otherwise!
    Last edited by Fingercuff; 11-19-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: having the spelling of a 12 year old BNP supporter

Yep even better with sound! Was one of the 'actors' in boyzone???

Blog Entries

The music really helps give the film a "big" feel. Fantastically entertaining and well made despite its failings. The only reason I'd give it 4.5/5 is the sound was so bad in places I couldn't understand the dialogue.
    Tim

Hey everyone,

First of all, thanks so so much for the kind words. I'm truly bowled over by the positive response to this movie! I certainly released it with some trepidation knowing that it would provoke a real love it or hate it reaction. I'll be the first to admit to its obvious shortcomings but it just goes to show that content is king at the end of the day.

I'm glad I found this forum. I'm new to video editing but loving it so far and hoping to get a bit more into. It seems like this is the place to do just that as long as the criticism is plentiful and constructive

Blog Entries

Your new to editing and film making??? Watch out when your not then ! ! !

What you say above about contant - spot on - the trick is with this film making game is not to obsess over pixels and hd and bullshit but just ot get out there and do it with the resources you have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast