Thread: Alternatives packages to Premiere 6.5

Default Alternatives packages to Premiere 6.5

What would anyone recommend as an alternative editing suite to Premiere 6.5 (and Pro!) for maybe up to 300? Of key importance is.... similar look and feel to 6.5 (i.e. timelines, capture etc), Premiere Elements would drive me mad with it's layout! and - most important - easy pre-sets for exporting to a webstreaming-friendly format. Not bothered about bells and whistles - e.g. transitions and after-effects stuff.

The reason - Premiere just seems to over complicate the variables for exporting (or I'm just stupid!).

Also, do any (like Pinnacle?) allow you to open Premiere projects, or am I asking for Utopia here?!!

Yours, cash in hand and ready to try the Dark Side!

Thanks,

Phil.

Blog Entries

For dure. Do the trials thing as Mark suggested.

I'm curious though. What about Premiere and Pro don't you like? Their interface is standard timeline, drag and drop the clips on it stuff. What are you looking for that's different?

Blog Entries

Yea - most vieo editors are similar in principle...

OK, confession time... My 6.5 version isn't what you'd call "sourced officially"! But I'm perfectly willing to go official but 700 is a bit hard to swallow. I give 6.5 full credit, I love it.

My ONLY problem right now is lack of access to pre-sets for exporting. When I go File - Export Timeline, I don't have any plug-in options or pre-sets for .wmv or Advanced Real Media export. All I can do is play around with a million different settings variables for Export Movie. I usually go Quicktime, H.263 as H.264 always starts exporting but says something like "File not compatible" after 5-10 secs).

So it's my fault not Premiere's! But rather than ask for a work-around in 6.5, I'd rather go legit and pay money for something similar which allows a nice easy pre-set for exporting to the web (like a .wmv pre-set which I don't have access to).

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Phil.

What's your price range and what do expect out of the video editing software. Adobe premeire Elements 4 is about $99.00 US and will do what you want to do, Iam totally sure there are others that can be recommended but I suggested this one since you are somewhat familiar with Adobe software.