Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instructional video

Default Instructional video

I've had a go at making an instructional video, showing a technique for improving grip on plastic framed pistols.

I wanted to show the process in detail, so lots of macro shots, coupled with stills of the finished item.

My question, should it be answered , is if you'd not done something like this before, is this presentation of method enough to work from confidently? There's a few 'gunnish' terms in there, but it's assumed if you're into the sport then you'd know these.

YouTube - Weihrauch HW40 PCA - Grip Mod (Heat Stippling)

I need to get out more!
    Last edited by Jerry Hill; 11-14-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Allow me to answer in video form...

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/Temp/gungag.wmv

ROFLMAO!!

HK USPC huh, hmmm!

Jerry, you forgot the disclaimer for the US market

Hehe, yeah I can see it now.

"Any loss or injury resulting from any attempt to practice this procedure tells me perhaps you really should not play with guns, and maybe stamp collecting might be a better idea"

Blog Entries

As for hte vidoe - ott I would say, as in not needed for hte task at hand, but I enjoyed the macro gun...

Hmmm, I'd agree that there's more than needed of the process being done, but practical people like as much information as possible, so it being in a video is valid I think, just could have been about a quarter of the length . The aim was to show the process using different lighting, as in macro you can get a false impression of scale of things, like how deep were the holes made? In the shot where I'm showing the outline, they look really shallow, in the low angle lighting shot later on they look real deep. It's shown me that I must get some decent lighting, this was a single quartz halogen 20W desk lamp!

Anyway, here it is in flat daylight:

It's being received favourably on shooting forums, with a few thinking of giving it a go, which is a positive.

What about the views and that? In particular I thought the digital zooming was very promising, basically HDV zoomed into SD, so effectively no quality loss at this level of compression over an SD video.

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Jerry, you forgot the disclaimer for the US market
    Now, don't go makin fun of the U.S. folks, especially us West Virginia rednecks. We were raised with guns. My Daddy had me shootin beer cans off the railroad tracks with a bolt action .22 at age 5. By age 10 I was shootin groundhogs in the meadows at 200 yards. By the time I was in the military I could already put a round up a flea's butt at 300 meters.

Save dem there disclaimers for dem left wing liberal east coast Yankees that want to take everyone's guns away. -smile

Blog Entries

A voiceover would have been much more effective, particulalry as it's very difficult to read the white text on the light background.

I'm with Marc on that one, the text is difficult to read in places. Maybe a heavier shadow would help for youtube
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast