Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daddy Bunchee

Default Daddy Bunchee

DADDY BUNCHEE

Just a short film we made a couple years ago. It is quite rough in places but I think it helps with the 'old fashoned horror' look. There are lots of things I would l change about it now but let me know what you think.

WARNING: It is a little dark in nature at times.

YouTube - Daddy Bunchee Ate My Baby
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

As you guessed on the other thread just now - I totally loved that - wouldnt change a thing.

Cheers mate. Thought you'd like that! It has p*ssed a few people off but I guess thats to be expected with a title like 'Daddy Bunchee Ate My Baby.'

Jamie who starred as daddy bunchee and wrote the script is actually a vegitarian so had to pretend to eat pieces of latex (doubling as flesh). I'm sure that was probably bad for his health.

There is no orginal sound from the takes in the production. All of my Grandads lines were dubbed as he preformed in a pub, surrounded my dozens of people eating, drinking and laughing. He felt a bit stupid wearing the smoking jacket but I tried to convince him he was Hugh Hefner!

Blog Entries

Cool - never spotted it was dubbed - vo was top.
    As for pissing people off - they were clearly not your target audience - I loved the sick humour.

Sometimes I think its good to piss people off! The rat eating in Tentboy (even though it isn't graphic at all) got some negative comments as well.

Thanks for the comment on 'tube. Would like more views on it to be honest. Maybe take the Mad bomber 'always ask a question (c) ' approach and ask 'Who is Daddy Bunchee?' at the begining.

Did anybody else have any comments?

Very nice editing, That was my favorite part...However the weird text that shows up every once in awhile over the film confused me, I guess its something that happend in old film but I never seen it before... Other then that I thought everything else was edited awesome.

The baby in the pot part.... lol that was quite disturbing but you made it look good and thats all that matters lol

Question... How do you film something like this? Do you have these effects in mind before shooting or do you shoot normal footage and then just goto work in post..

Anyways overall I really liked it the narration was cool to where the little kids would be talking and you voiced over as the narrator.

If you get a chance you think you could look at my short and tell me what I did wrong so I can approve on things its like 3 topics down... Thanks alot

Blog Entries

Nommed cos it's so dam dark !

Thanks for the nom Mark! Been thinking of a sequel: 'Mummy Bunchee'

Blog Entries

That can only be worse ( as in better )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast