Thread: New Video for Luminaries song "Peace"

Default New Video for Luminaries song "Peace"

This video was premiered at Elevate Film festival won the best editing award..
    let me know what you think!

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Best editing ? Did you bribe the judges?

....Cut to beat....split screen....cut to beat....track motion....cut to beat.... split screen... repeat to end....

Very generic and could be knocked out in a few hours - I dont see anything technically edgy or particualrly creative.

Competant and adequate.

From an artistic perspective my take is that the treatment is wrong for the song - it's a slavish cut to the rhythm job and for me it feels too on edge for the laid back feel of the song.

You say it won at a film festival - was this a real festival or one of those scams we keep seeing that is little more than a marketing tool in disguise.

Default Hey Mark

Thanks for your opinion. Just to inform you, the Elevate Film Festival is a real festival, and quite unique. I recommend you look into it. This video was produced from conception to shooting to editing and to showing on the screen at the Nokia theater in front of 6000 people, in one week! This is the point of the festival and it makes for and interesting experience. The editor had about two days to do the whole thing... including incorporating the animated elements, and working with the Red camera editing flow. All the people involved volunteered their time making this, and it is in that spirit we gratefully send it to the world!!

As a musician and a songwriter, I hope that you enjoyed the song, and were able to absorb some of the message! After all we are all looking for a little peace!