Thread: Sony Vegas 8 Issue - Rendering

Default Sony Vegas 8 Issue - Rendering

For some reason when I render video only part of the project shows up when its done : (
    I've tried playing the file on other media players but its still wont work properly, its always the same bits too -_- And those bits play fine on the timeline : (
    Does anyone know why Sony is doing this? : (

Blog Entries

Probably because your source file is corrupt, or far more likely it is not from a camera, but insted a downloaded divx or xvid file.

These rarely edit without problems.

Does it play BLACK around the clip which actually works? Or does it just play a small sample of the entire project?

Look at the render template and see if the "LOOP REGION" is unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwolf3003 View Post
    For some reason when I render video only part of the project shows up when its done : (
    I've tried playing the file on other media players but its still wont work properly, its always the same bits too -_- And those bits play fine on the timeline : (
    Does anyone know why Sony is doing this? : (
    Experience has taught me one of three things.
    File is corrupt.
    File needs to be re-encoded or converted using a file conversion program then take it back to sony and it will work
    or you are using the slow motion/fast motion incorrectly which are two ways of making this do the same thing the one that does not work for me is the velocity feature thus I have to use the CTRL key over the clip in the time line = square and then stretch to squigly lines method those are the only reasons for me that a video shows up black on sony.

PS. I will give you an example of my same problem you have. When I make something with Particle Illusion and then save it as AVI and then try to use that video in a movie timeline in sony, I can see the video in the timeline but when I render the video, that part comes out black. So, I have to use a file conversion program such as VDUB or Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter works great or Allok RM RMVB to AVI MPEG DVD Converter works for me too. Hope this helps and what i mean is i have to convert that piece of video first before i can use in sony vegas.
    Last edited by MACDSE; 11-22-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Z Cheema's reply is probably correct. I f you have accidently created a loop on your timeline, it will only render the loop.

Hello

Just a quick thought..

Is your source material on an external usb drive,cos ive had problems before just the same.
    I find it better to keep your video project files all on one internal drive and render the finished video to another internal drive.
    Hope this helps..

Smile Fix for Sony Vegas Rendering Black Video

I had the same issue and I must say, the fix was due to my own misunderstanding of settings. It cost me a day and a half of troubleshooting. I hope this post saves someone from suffering the same thing.

You see, you must make sure your Project setting frame rate is the same frame rate as the Render frame rate. To give you an example, I wanted to use the DivX codec since it is all the rage over at youtube. So, I did.

I used Hypercam 2 to capture my on-screen video using the DivX 6.8.5 codec. It rendered my initial avi file with a 30 frames a second setting.
    What I didn't realize was when I imported my video into Sony Vegas, I failed to change my projects frame rate from 29.97 fps to 30 fps to reflect the avi file I was working with.

This caused such effects as the 3D Cascading Transition to produce nothing but blackness.

Take a bit and test a small portion of your video and you'll see your render will not come out black at all. Then you can render your entire project.
    Even though I used a particular codec to render my video, this bit of info pertains to all projects in Sony Vegas. Just make sure your project settings are jiving with your rendered settings and voila, you have a master piece.
    If this helped anyone, please visit our websites at the following links: I hope it is ok to post my links. We are legitimate and are not here to solicit, simply to help people and network a little.

Ghostality Paranormal Investigations
    Blessed Be Gifts

We appreciate any new sign ups at our paranormal forum as well as anyone who is looking for gift items in our web shop.

Sincerely
    Ghostality