Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ocean finance story.

Blog Entries

Default The Ocean finance story.

This post modernist flick contains swearing, bad taste gags and a girl tied to a chair ( who I asked out 2 days after her appearence in this, and she said yes... whoopwhoop ).

Sometimes I just dont know when to stop.
    I hate finance companies - specifically the whole remortgage thang.

The video features the original ad, my redubbed version ( was most popular on my tube page - untill ocean finance complained and it was removed), and finally and live action mashup with the same daft script.

Then I added some weirdness, seasoned it with resevoir dogs and a sprinkle of preliger archive. I just love doing weird edits like this.

Earlier version posted in adult but no one looks there and my ego needs more feedback, and it's not that raw....

Enjoy, be outraged or be just plain confused. ( bet you laugh a bit ). Shame we dont have a VOM for the daftest vid submitted....

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/OceanFTheSet.wmv
    Last edited by Mark W; 11-12-2008 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post

Earlier version posted in adult but no one looks there and my ego needs more feedback, and it's not that raw....

Enjoy, be outraged or be just plain confused. ( bet you laugh a bit ). Shame we dont have a VOM for the daftest vid submitted....

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/OceanFTheSet.wmv
    Actually, it was the first and only thing I ever looked at in that forum, yesterday. It took me a while to realize what was happening. The intro was a bit weird, then this legit commercial ran, then your piss take of the spot with the overdubbed voices. I think I bailed when the man's voice came up so frequency shifted that I thought he was channeling Darth Vader - smile.

I can see that you have a dislike for finance outfits like them. I used to live in a place where I could only get British TV and was so sick of seeing adds for these outfits, and their sham pitches, that I wanted to throw something at the screen. Go get em, Mark!!!!

And if I never see another add for these do-gooder outfits asking a "pound a month" to save a child from being abused or "2 pounds a month" to save a poor dog or cat, it will be too soon.

Blog Entries

Thanks for that. yea - those 2 pound a month ones get me too - hence my comp entry theme for the site ad thing.

( truth be told I my sleep pattern is screwed as I gave up smoking again - this edited over a few bleary nights - hence its er unique charm)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Thanks for that. yea - those 2 pound a month ones get me too - hence my comp entry theme for the site ad thing.

( truth be told I my sleep pattern is screwed as I gave up smoking again - this edited over a few bleary nights - hence its er unique charm)
    If giving up smoking produces that kind of result, then I am abandoning any further attempts to quit.
    (quiting is easy...I've done it a thousand times - smile)
    Last edited by worddigger; 11-12-2008 at 08:26 AM.

Thumbs up

I love spoofs, however not being familiar with the original I don't think I could give it the appretiation it deserves. Never the less, Very comical and otherwise tastless humor, It does get the point accross making well known your disposition with the finance co. and good job securing a date with the girl tied to a chair. I, myself never thought of tying a girl to a chair before I asked her out. I might have to give that a go one of these days, I'll write you from prison and let you know how that went. Hahaha .....anyways, I liked your spoof and sence it was a spoof I don't find it nessisary to critisize any short commings. I'll take it as is under the law of artistic expresion. I might even have to make a spoof of your spoof. MUAHAHAHAHA(evil laugh)
    Oh and PS this PC doesn't have spell check on it so I don't want to here about it.

Blog Entries

Welll - the girl i tied to a chair dumped me after a week - but we are still friends.
    As for the original - thats it at the start ( mostly).

I was slightly shocked on watching this. Then I remembered the massage video. Then shock soon faded. It was definately memorable. There are some films I see that are great, but ust don't stay in the memory long. I think you've definately done something here that is memorable, and possibly unique.

Default my 2 cents

That was HILARIOUS.

I hate banks and finance companies too! Almost every Tv commerical I see makes me think of a parody script. I kept seeing one for payday lenders so I did my own parody as Ms. Fannie Mae Fastbuck.

It's a little slow, mostly a talking head, but the script is funny.

I am SO SURPRISED that the finance company complained and had it taken down. Yup, they don't like to have anybody point out the truth! I have thought if I do more of these kind of things myself that I will always come up with a ficticious comany and shoot all my own video. Then you can call them out for the lying SOBs they really are and they can not complain against a generic thrashing!

On yours, some of the spoken audio was drown out by the music so I could not always hear what was being said.

At first, I was a bit confused by the video of the two young boys talking wet dreams but then laughed my ass off at the second showing of that.

Overall, this is totally hilarious. But probably a bit too long. Why show the original commercial?

Thanks for the laugh!

Blog Entries

Believe it or not - the first bit IS the original - thats why i had to spoof it !

Not watched yours yet - looking forward to it tho !

I could tell that the first part was the original commercial. I was just saying that you could have left it out and just done the spoof. Even if a viewer has never seen the original, the spoof would make sense.

I was up late watching tv the other night and there was a 30 minute infomerical on a "love product" talk about something that needs a parody done on it.

When you are as old and cynical as me, EVERYTHING I SEE ON TV IS RIPE FOR PARODY.

I need to get busy! I'll write the scripts if someone else will shoot and edit. the scripts pop out of my head in rapid fire. TV is so full of shit I just have to make fun of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast