Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: logo on shirt

Default logo on shirt

Looking for a recommended company which will stitch my new business logo on the front and back of a black formal shirt...I'm also going to mention promo web-videos on it to pick up potential clients.

Consider Flock heat transfer vinyl instead, embroidery is fine for small logs on the font, but bigger stuff is dependent on support from the substrate and dress shirts are not substantial enough, backing material has to be used to stop distortion of the fabric and it just doesn't come across well visually.

Here's some example of flock and regular garment vinyl transferring, note the image definition is far superior to embroidery on small work:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freeweddingdvdoffer View Post
    Looking for a recommended company which will stitch my new business logo on the front and back of a black formal shirt...I'm also going to mention promo web-videos on it to pick up potential clients.
    Wedding videographers tend to try and be as non-obtrustive as possible. A black shirt with a logo emblazened on the front and back doesn't really fit with this. If you want to promote your business at an event, I suggest you have a few business cards ready. The B&G are often happy for you to place a discreet business card on a few tables, and people will often ask for your details at an event.

Agreed! - I sometimes see togs with logos emblazened on their shirts, usually far too big and it does look ever so slightly naff at a wedding.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I guess that depends on where this chap's from. In the UK then yes, it might be viewed like that, but in Aus or US maybe not so.

Weddings are very stiff and conservative here, downright dull in most cases, why not jazz them up a bit? Or shall we all just be jolly nice reserved conformists and tow the line of established ordinaryness?
    Last edited by Jerry Hill; 11-11-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Why not turn up wearing a sandiwch board ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hill View Post
    Weddings are very stiff and conservative here, downright dull in most cases, why not jazz them up a bit? Or shall we all just be jolly nice reserved conformists and tow the line of established ordinaryness?
    That choice is, of course, the choice of the B&G. It would be a shame to think that a wedding videographer was the cause of any intrusion. He should be there to document the day, not be part of it.

Blog Entries

Yea - remember to wear a nice dark coloured jacket and try to blend in.... I dont really do weddings - only done one properly and I wore a grey suit, but not overly flash.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark W; 11-11-2008 at 07:25 PM.

@Mark, LOL!!

@Marc, yes of course you are right, but then marketing has conditioned people to wanting everyone to be nice and discrete and hushy hushy, you know what I mean? Give me any number of foreign weddings were everyone is singy and shouty (except Vegas ones) any day. Weddings in the UK are closer to funerals that celebrations, but then many funerals abroad are also rather more celabratory affairs. Just too English mate. Personal thing.

My first wedding photographer nearly got a smack in the mouth for being a pain in the ass thorugh taking far too long, the second wedding photography consisted of me giving out three loaded SLR's to guests and telling them to fill their boots, much better results!

Each to their own.

The wedding outfits in the uK may be formal and traditional, but they're anything but funereal. Where've you been the last 20 years Jerry - Modern brides want a really fun day and then some.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast