Thread: Critter Cam

Default Critter Cam

I did some experimenting this afternoon using a critter's eye-level view with a camera mounted on a home-made steady cam. These shots were all with ambient lighting (touched up, here and there in the editor). Yes, you are seeing spots! Here is a 01:10 length video of my spotted Egyptian Mau cat, Aladdin prowling his Kingdom:

His little screen test has encouraged me to think about possibly doing an animal-perspective short. I think living in the desert is starting to do strange things to my way of thinking! - smile!
    Last edited by worddigger; 11-09-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Bit twitchy horizontally, some more mass needed there I think. If the camera had an image stabiliser, was it turned off?

Blog Entries

Yea -bring on the cat films ! Nice cat and flat btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hill View Post
    Bit twitchy horizontally, some more mass needed there I think. If the camera had an image stabiliser, was it turned off?
    I got that impression as well. I need to relocate the weight to improve inertial damping. Thanks for the observation. The image stabilizer was turned off.
    Last edited by worddigger; 11-10-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Yea -bring on the cat films ! Nice cat and flat btw.
    "flat"? I suppose you mean FAT? Yep, he is a healthy eater and a ball of energy. We took him in off the street about a year and a half ago as a half-starved kitten. He has not stopped eating since - smile. Kuwait is lousey with alley cats. There must be at least 20 hanging around this neighborhood alone, all claiming the same turf and fathering kittens left and right. It is certainly a target rich environment for cat movies.