Thread: Uploading to Youtube in High Resolution

Default Uploading to Youtube in High Resolution

Hi All,

I am a newbie to the forum and am trying to get some help on uploading my videos to youtube from Adobe Premiere Elements 4. On the face of it, it appears quite simple and I have successfully uploaded a number of videos already. However, I want to upload videos in higher resolution (on youtube, a number of videos now allow you to watch the video in either high or normal resolution). When I go into the share window on Premiere Elements 4, the quality is preset to medium and does not allow me to change it. Does anyone know how to address this issue?

Thanks, Martin

Blog Entries

I have no expert info but that what I have gleened.

If you upload at a sufficient quality you get a hq optoin.

If I upload at a medium res - 320 x 240 - no high res option.

Upload at std dv res at a highish bit rate and I get the option, specifically SD DV res, 1.5 mbit/sec bit rate, wmv.

Aslo, be aware that the hig q option sometiems will not appear on first page load - refreash to check.

Thanks Mark. The issue is that Adobe PE4 doesn't seem to let me upload to youtube in a resolution higher than medium (320 x 240) which seems to be crazy given that I shot the video (and edited it) in HDV.

Regards, Martin

Blog Entries

I dont understand your work flow...

Render the film to a decent res and bit rate and then upload that file from the windows desk top via you tube uploader page... not sure why you think you need to u load from the editor - that is weird...

I edit my videos out to 720 x 576 PAL SD as an avi and then I open them in MPEGStreamclip1.2 and for YouTube I set the size to 480 x 360 as YouTube resizes them down to around 425 x 344 and I always get the option of normal quality or high quality after I upload. MPEGStreamclip1.2 is now my weapon of choice as it allows a number of options to be set before you render an mpeg4 or a lot of other file formats if mpeg4 doesn't float your boat.

You can download it from Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows but you need to download and install another piece of software called QuicktimeAlt181 and install it before you use MPEGStreamclip1.2. Apparently this QuicktimeAlt181 (freeware download) has a lot of codecs in it that MPEGStreamclip1.2 needs to work properly.

Thanks for the responses. The answer to the problem was as per Mark's suggestion - to save the file for use on a personal computer at a higher resolution (MPEG2) and then upload to youtube in the usual way as opposed to relying on PE4's direct share to youtube feature

Thanks, Martin