Thread: Which version of Studio do I Need.

Default Which version of Studio do I Need.

Hello, I am just a very occasional video editor, and was quite happily using Pinnacle Studio 9 Standard which I got free with a digital camera just to put my home videos onto DVD.

I then bought a Canon DC201 camcorder, which records onto DVD, and had to upgrade to Studio 9 Plus, from memory something to do with the Standard edition not supporting the audio files which the camcorder uses?

I have now upgraded my PC to Windows Vista, and find that Studio 9 Plus does not work with Vista, so I'm needing to upgrade to Studio 12.

While I liked the extra features of 9 Plus (extra menus etc) I can live without them for all I do with my videos, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can get away with 12 Standard or do I need the Plus version? Is there a trial version available? I've downloaded the trial of Premier Elements, and know it will do what I want, but it's more expensive and at first glance, I don't like it as much.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Blog Entries

Not sure about your specific question but I would reccomend that you flirt with a few other editors befor buying.

Lookee lookee - Digital Video Editing Guides: Digital Director - links

Thanks for you help on this one. I had a quick try of the trial software, but decided to stick with what I know and go for Pinnacle Studio. It was only costing me a fiver more to go for the Plus version, so I just bit the bullet and went for it.

PS. Never did find a trial version of Pinnacle Studio 12!