Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Video Editing Program

Default Help with Video Editing Program

I need a video editing program (on PC, so Final Cut Pro won't work for me as it's Mac) to edit videos by the millisecond. Does anyone know of a video editing program that allows you to make videos by the millisecond? I've tried Adobe Premiere but that only allows editing by 0.01 second. And 1 millisecond = 0.001 second.

Thanks in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by MDJase View Post
    I need a video editing program (on PC, so Final Cut Pro won't work for me as it's Mac) to edit videos by the millisecond. Does anyone know of a video editing program that allows you to make videos by the millisecond? I've tried Adobe Premiere but that only allows editing by 0.01 second. And 1 millisecond = 0.001 second.

Thanks in advanced.
    I'm sure Premier will do it. However, by far the biggest problem you have is getting footage shot at 1000 frames per second. PAL video cameras tend to shoot 50i (25fps) and NTSC 60i (30 fps). What camera do you have and where can I buy one? I'd be interested fro those ultra slo-mo clips I want

Seriously though, I believer premeire will do it. You just need to start with a custom preset set to 1000fps and make sure you cconform your imported assets correctly.

What are you doing exacvtly that you need 1000 fps then?

Blog Entries

Yea - what gives ?

It's for a psychology thing about subliminal message. I don't need a camera. I'm just putting a whole lot of pictures together and putting in subliminal messages. The thing is subliminal messages only work if they're displayed under 5ms (so people are only UNconsciously aware of the message).

I'm using Premiere Pro CS3 at the moment. I right click on the picture and select "Speed/Duration". I only have the option of changing it to a minimum of 0.01 seconds (1 millisecond = 0.001 second). So Premiere is missing out by just 1 decimal place. I need the imagine to appear for 0.004 seconds.

Blog Entries

Interesting stuff.

So anyone know of a program that edits videos by per millisecond?

I'm very curious about this....

The idea of subliminal imaging has been around for ages. I remember hearing about it myself over 30 years ago. This predates any form of consumer video. This pretty much leaves us with film which has always (as far as I know) run at 24 or 25 fps. I'm therefore curious as to how this really works. I;m not cinvinced at 1000ths of a second image time at all for this.

I'm not disbelieveing your at all here, just curious as to how it really works and how it's been done in the past as I;m not convinced there's any projoectors working at a 1000 fps out there.

I do have to confess though, that one frame in a 24/25 for video is noticeable. Or at least it is in my DVD copy of Fight Club.

On the PAL system, Premiere along with other editors can edit down to 1/25 of a second (a single frame of video, so I presume you can't get any lower than that as that is what video is made up from, single frames), and on NTSC it is 1/30 of a second. Would that not be quick enough to display a single frame in a video? If someone knows of an NLE than can go lower than that I'd really like to know about it.

Blog Entries

Max on vegas is 100 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Max on vegas is 100 fps.
    Just looked. Highest I can find in Premiere Pro 2 is 60fps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast