Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of help Please

Default A bit of help Please

I was quite happy making silly little video from my camcorder and adding photo's and windows movies maker was great.
    Then can the day when I tried down the camcorder to my motorcycle for some trackday footage at Cadwell park!
    Just tried it down to hard and and damaged the tape thing may look in to getting It fixed at some point.
    So I went out about 2 months ago and bought a JVC Everio 30GB HDD (GZ-MG334, Tried Recording a family day out trip and the Camcorder went up the wall got sent back and now it seems great.
    Just now I find that windows moive maker can't read the files ? not sure why as window media player can!

So is their away of getting windows movie maker their just MPEG files.
    I run windows XP not ready to make the jump to vista this bring me to another problem.

My desktop PC want run DVD MPEG even why I try powerDVD programs just boot out and send error reports or the thing just locks up
    May just wait in till money allows me to restart and go to vista just not looking forward to the move.
    There again you may know why this is happening and how to fix it.

Well I'll wait for someone to reply I just hope i made some sence of my problems.

Windows Movie maker 2 is that for vista not sure what windows XP comes with, can I upgrade to movie maker 2 ?

Just a thought going to try and stop thinking now as that just hurt

Hi, It could be that it doesn't recognize the file extension, it wont recognize it if it is a VOB but if you change it to .mpg it should other wise it probably is missing a codec, I've just tried an mpg on Movie Maker on XP and it works fine.

How can I add codec in to windows movie maker ?
    I have to work of my laptop as the main desktop PC is just not having nothing to do with it.
    It won't play DVD's in media player so have to forget making movies on it for now.
    I just reinstalled the Laptop so all working great, so I guess it could just be a case of adding codec to movie maker.
    Just need to know what where and how I guess!

Hi, there's a codec pack called K-Lite you could try you will find it at
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...codec_pack.htm
    You will see there are different packs, I would try the simplest and see how it goes.
    Last edited by wandering-free; 11-02-2008 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wandering-free View Post
    Hi, there's a codec pack called K-Lite you could try you will find it at
    www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm
    You will see there are different packs, I would try the simplest and see how it goes.
    Your a star that fixed media player, seemed like i had a bad file something to do with a ulead program.
    Still no luck with movie maker I was trying to make a small movie about some PS3 games motoGP08 vs SBK08.
    I downloaded one of the movies to my web site so if your like you can see what the file it is, then maybe you can tell me what to do next.
    Maybe I need a better movie editing program or something ?
    Sorry the file a 190mb

http://www.l-r-d-g.net/images/steve/MOV028.MOD
    Last edited by Blade-Hog; 11-02-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Hi, Nice video, I checked what it was with a bit rate viewer, the is a free one you can download at Bitrate Viewer
    it told me average bit rate 4588. 25fps. 720x576. 4x3 aspect. top field first. in other words just a standard mpeg2, so I changed the file extension from .MOD to .mpg and it went into WMM without a hitch. so it will open in any editing program that can handle mpeg2, Womble didn't even need the extension changed, although I did have to go to Open: "Files of type" "All files"
    Bryan

so I changed the file extension from .MOD to .mpg ?

Can you tell me a bit more on how to do that

Hi, just right click on the .MOD file and then go down the drop down list to "Rename" high light "Rename" and then just type a new name in the box and call it anything you like just make sure it ends with .mpg, it should then open in windows movie maker, if not it's still missing a codec.

Just had a look at what K-lite codec pack has in it and I think if you still can't edit your video you will need the K-lite full version, it has AC3 and Main concept mpeg2 codecs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast