Thread: $2000 (USD) Video Competition, Free Entry, Entries Close Jan 09

Exclamation $2000 (USD) Video Competition, Free Entry, Entries Close Jan 09

Hi Everyone,

Exciting Times!

Anyone in the world with a youtube account can enter this competition, entry is free, all you need is a camera and an interesting idea.

The prize is $2000 USD, plus 5 runners up win funky video goggles.

Watch the competition video here:
    YouTube - 'Your Take On It' Video Competition. Win $2000!

and here's the related video:
    YouTube - Your Love Is Amazing by Alex Lindsey Jones

Have fun with it!

Renee
    Explode Entertainment
    www.myspace.com/yourtakeonit
    Last edited by Renee; 10-31-2008 at 05:39 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm just not prepared to abide by term 19 in the Ts and C's. And no one else should be either. I aint giving anything away on the slimmest of chances I might win a measly $2,000. Damn, that'd hardly buy a decent tripod at today's exchange rates.

Quote -
    19.The Entrants give Explode Entertainment Pty Ltd full rights to broadcast, edit, modify, incorporate or otherwise exploit the entries for the purpose of promoting the Competition and for the promotion of the Alex Lindsey Jones without further notice. Ownership of all material, including Intellectual Property Rights in that Material, remains vested at all times Explode Entertainment Pty Ltd.

Blog Entries

Just to clarify, you're signing over to Explode Entertainment Pty Ltd exclusive rights by entering? Now I know signing non-exclusive rights is standard practice, but giving away complete ownership??

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Just to clarify, you're signing over to Explode Entertainment Pty Ltd exclusive rights by entering? Now I know signing non-exclusive rights is standard practice, but giving away complete ownership??
    Thanks so much for bringing this up guys!

I just had a chat to the legal team and have admitted a bit of a boo boo in the way No.19 reads.

The ownership of the 'material' is referring to the original music video not the video you submit. So you're giving us the right to broadcast etc your video but it still belongs to you of course.

The reason that line was in there (as it was explained to me) was to cover our butts with the music video itself - although we're giving away the permission to rip it off - the original video, and intellectual property included with it, still belongs to us and you can't onsell your creation as an Alex Lindsey Jones original and even if you borrow scenes in the original video to complete your entry, that footage is still ours.

If that all makes sense.

Term 19 has been updated:
    (lucky the competition was only launched 3 days ago!)

19.The Entrants give Explode Entertainment Pty Ltd full rights to broadcast, edit, modify, incorporate or otherwise exploit the entries for the purpose of promoting the Competition and for the promotion of the Alex Lindsey Jones without further notice. Ownership of the original music video in it's present form, including Intellectual Property Rights in that Material, remains vested at all times Explode Entertainment Pty Ltd.

You're absolutely right, why would someone enter material into a comp if they were giving away all rights to it!!

This is a competition to celebrate an album launch, we're not interested in stealing peoples footage.

Hope this clears things up, and thanks again for alerting me to this!!

Renee

Blog Entries

It's a shame not all comp organisers grasp this point - ' filmaka ' for one.
    Would any studios show thier stuff at Cannes if they lost all rights by showing thier film there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    It's a shame not all comp organisers grasp this point - ' filmaka ' for one.
    Would any studios show thier stuff at Cannes if they lost all rights by showing thier film there?
    yeah, sorry about the mix up. We're an Australian based Entertainment Company and this is our first online video competition - as I mentioned before, we're not in the business of stealing footage for people. We just wanted to do something fun for Alex's new single video.

Sweet! Looking for double meanings in the lyrics already!

What a refreshing comp idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hill View Post
    Sweet! Looking for double meanings in the lyrics already!

What a refreshing comp idea too.
    thanks! looking forward to seeing what you come up with Jerry