Thread: Pinnacle Studio 8 burning VCD..

Default Pinnacle Studio 8 burning VCD..

Hi, I only have a CD burner so I can't burn it into a DVD...anyways my question is I've completed my movie and at the end of my movie I made this text stuff using background provided by Studio. I add some transition in there to make the text move from page to page and stuff. Almost like a slide show.
    Anyway, when I burn the movie, it always burn till "The End" which is the ending of my movie...but never gets the text stuff after the "The End". Why is that? I've tried about 2-3 times now.
    I'm getting frustrated because I've wasted like 2 CDR now. :\

Anyhow, I've made my movie into MPEG-1 and it's nice to look at in the computer. It also gets the text after the ending of the movie.

So since I can't burn it properly, I decided to use Nero and burn the mpeg into a vcd. It's ok....the ending appears this time. But I can see the quality has been reduced... and when I play it in PowerDVD in my computer, the screen is elongated. Something like, movies in the cinema...or that... 16:9 screen.

I'm quite an amateur in this video stuff so do explain to me and enlighten me on it. I'm willing to learn! Thanks a lot!

btw, I'm using Pinnacle Studio SE Version 8.10.4.0 (It was 8.6 I think but I dl the latest patch)

What's this whole SE thing? What's the difference? Is it the latest? Is it Studio 8? I'm asking this because there are some features that I can't use such as locking the tracks in the timeline view. It says I need to upgrade my version!

And trust me, it's not cheap to upgrade especially for a home user like me! Besides it's in USD...

Pls explain... Thanks!

Blog Entries

If it was bundled with hardware, its probably something like "special edition". Hardware manufacturers often bundle stripped down versions of full programs, sometimes labled LE ("lite edition"). Including the full version wouldn't prove cost effective I guess.

You are right. I got the cd along with my firewire card. Darn it!
    So what do I do now? :( What's the latest version of Pinnacle to get then? I hear 9 is coming soon. But for the meantime..??
    Anybody using Studio 8 here? Pls help. Thanks.

I use Studio 8 as well. The one I got bundled with my firewire card and upgraded it exactly the same way you did.(Did you send about for a hollywood effects package as well?) It certainly has some limitations. I haven't come across your problem sorry - but i am about to burn my first DVD with a transition and writing on the last frame and will see if I have the same prob. I have only just started editing and stuff but have noticed that when i render to mpeg it makes the video really bad to look at. AVI is perfect but sooo huge LOL

This is my first post

hehe yeah my other movies rendered and burn just fine. It was that particular movie...I dunno why
    lol I've recently got Pinnacle Studio v9! Gonna go try it out!