Thread: cutting video a lot...

Default cutting video a lot...

hello, ive been wondering a long time, how do i cut a video multiple times like this guy does in every video he makes

he cuts the video after every sentence, how do I do that?

thanks for your help

p.s. i have adobe premiere pro

Blog Entries

By using the razor tool on the timeline, or by placing selected segments onto the timeline. This is the fundamental of non-linear editing.

i no, but what he does is makes one big video and cuts parts out where he pauses, i need to no how to cut out small parts like that.

thanks for your help

Blog Entries

As I say, there are various ways of approaching this. On is drop the video on the time line, then simply cut out the portions you don't want. To do this, select the razor tool, place your cursor at the start of the area you whish to cut, click on the timeline, then move to the end point and click again. Now delete the newly created clip and shift everything along.

Another method is to drop your video into the left hand window, then place in and out points and move the selected portion to the timeline.

Try this method, with a bit of practice you will get really fast at it.

Record one big file in one go, place your big file on the timeline and make sure the audio and video is linked (if recorded together they will be) make sure you can see the waveform on the audio channel

use the keyboard short cuts C (razor) and B (ripple edit) and the mouse together.

hit C click the mouse at the beginning of the bit you want to remove, this will make a cut.

Hit the B key, then drag from the cut towards the right until you get to the end of the bit you wish to remove, when you let go of the mouse button the edit will snap to the previous clip, then move along to the next edit point and do it again.

Use the waveform to remove unwanted parts. The parts that you want to remove probably won't have any audio or the waveform will look bitty where you stumbled over your words or stopped and started again. As you learn to recognise these areas you will find the process much quicker and easier.

Hope this helps
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production