Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD Stock Video - HD Stock Footage - HD Stock Video Backgrounds

Default HD Stock Video - HD Stock Footage - HD Stock Video Backgrounds

HD-StockVideo, a revolution in resolution, quality and price.

Immediate 1080p downloads.

Download a free HD clip today!

HD Stock Video - HD Stock Footage - HD Stock Video Backgrounds

I like your videos, but the majority are $99 per clip? That is not a real revolution in prices. You can get better prices at revostock.com, pond5.com, motiondrops.com, shutterstock.com, etc.

You have great stuff specially religious ones, but if you want to make it, you need to lower your prices. (specially the ones made in AE with a plugin named Psunami

Good luck.

Default HD 1080p $49 per clip - Instant Download

Hi FCPro,

You should take a closer look.

All our Worship clips are $49 each.
    1080p HD - Instant Download.

Regards.

HD-StockVideo

Hi HD-Stock Video:

I think I didn't express myself correctly. What wanted to say is that your material is great but the majority of your clips (excluding the worships ones) cost $99 dollars per clip. As I mentioned your material is great, but your prices are too high compared to other sites.

IMHO you should consider lowering the prices and leave high prices for hard to get shots. For example, your clouds videos cost $99... but there is no science on shooting clouds, this is something that anyone can do. So, let say I don't want to shoot it myself, why buy from you at $99 when I can get it for $35 or $50?

With such material I would suggest to sell trough other sites, you can actually make more money than doing it yourself. Unless you spend thousands on SEO, PPC campaigns and constantly add new content to your site will remain static.

Regards.

Blog Entries

" but there is no science on shooting clouds, this is something that anyone can do "

Not sure I agree with you there sport ( have you ever tried?)- good timelapase cloud shots are very difficult to get. You have to be there, for ages, at the right time, with a decent camera.

It's all that cgi type clips that are too easy

I have no idea of the quality of the files on that site or how they were shot but just about every site i see is merely reselling low grade badly shot stuff filmed on shit cameras.

Stock footage should be good enough to use in nearly all projects and should slot in next to stuff shot on anything. Thats what you are paying for. You cna dgrade footage to match your own, but not the other way.

Sites that ask for contributions from mooks with a dixons camera are a joke.

Five grand min for the camera and needs a good operator, not a full auto have a go hero.
    Last edited by Mark W; 11-13-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Hi Mark:

I certainly don't disagree with you, however my comments are based on the premise that we (shooters) in this forums and certainly have at least the basic knowledge on how to operate a camera and creative techniques. I have shot clouds, and based on the things have I worked before (music videos, footage to create VFX, talents for TV spots... Here are my thoughts:

"good time lapse cloud shots are very difficult to get. You have to be there, for ages, at the right time, with a decent camera"

- Because the idea is to grab the clouds and create a time lapse you don't actually wait to get it, you just record and yes you have to be there for ages. There is never a right or wrong time because you don't know the next formation of the clouds (assuming you have the clouds not just waiting for them to appear). A decent camera it will perform at its best as you mentioned. But the above doesn't sound like science to me, more like patient. Set the camera in a tripod, adjust the camera to your needs, and let the clouds dance for you.

"It's all that cgi type clips that are too easy"

- When it comes to CGI, i would have to disagree. Even if you use a preset on Maya or 3D Studio Max it is a pain in the butt. They work as particles and you need to set those to the proper amount to make it look real. Now, if you mean CG by what he has on his site, there are some plugin is After Effects that can create that (same as his water videos). But true CG artists don't call that CGI even though is created on a computer, and even those required certain amount of knowledge at least on the software. Any artist can learn to operate a camera quickly, but no cameraman can learn to operate a CG software quickly if at all.

"Stock footage should be good enough to use in nearly all projects and should slot in next to stuff shot on anything. Thats what you are paying for. You cna dgrade footage to match your own, but not the other way."

- As for stock footage I agree and disagree. I agree in the sense that it should have quality. The sites I submit my videos have different ways of approving based on quality, some approve anything you upload. Now, my disagreement is not necessarily one. Times are changing, economy is changing so all industries in some way or the other evolve. In the stock industry there was a need of low priced videos. What small business can survive paying $499 for a clip? which the client ended up paying? Back then, there was minimal tools to fix colors, grain and noise etc... Today there are plenty so people are taking more risk when buying footage... if you can call $50 a risk. Micro stock houses a filling up a niche that was empty... and people are buying, not just small post production houses but big names, HBO, Sci-Fi Channel, Sony Entertainment, DIscovery Channel (that's from the sites I know)...

Now, I grant you, there are a lot of shitty footage out there.

"Five grand min for the camera and needs a good operator, not a full auto have a go hero"

I agree, but I have been surprised with footage shot on shitty camera that look amazingly pro. It would depend on the cameraman, the director and LIGHTING (very important hence the caps).

Like a friend of mine used to say: "Is not what a camera can do for you, is what you can do with a camera"

Regards.

Blog Entries

Well - normally I would agree totally on the last point, what you shoot is more important then what you shoot on - but the exception for me is stock.

As for clouds - I still maintain it is v hard to get a shot as good as the one on the site - very. I have tried.

Persoanlly i think stock sites are generally run by people who had a nail bar befor, and befor that they did amway.
    Last edited by Mark W; 11-13-2008 at 05:59 PM.

I love your amway line!...... I always laugh at it I guess is because I can find the similarities..

Hi FCPro,

In fact all our 1080p Backgrounds are also $49 each. That's cheaper than Motiondrops, Shutterstock and many on Pond5.

I'm not sure whether you actually looked at our website or just have some other agenda, but thanks for keeping us at the top of Pimp The Link!

HD-StockVideo
    HD Stock Video - HD Stock Footage - HD Stock Video Backgrounds

Hi HD:

I did look at your site, I guess I just looked at all prices, not just the backgrounds. No agendas, I'm Pro Stock Houses, actually I think I'm the only one in this forums who support the concept. Anyway, no harm meant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast