Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Can someone help me with my Sony Vegas ?

  1. #1

    Default Can someone help me with my Sony Vegas ?

    uurg well I accidently deleted all of my codecs for some reason, tried reinstalling Xvid (the only one I could remember) and now when I open .avi videos in it, they simply dont work, the audio works but the video doesnt; ImageShack - Hosting :: vegaspsia0.jpg
    I can play the avi files on wmp and everything but they dont work on Vegas anymore. I asked someone and they told me to download AC3 plug in or whatever that is, but it didn't work, does anyone know what I could do?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    8,938
    Blog Entries
    1

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    That works with vob. too?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gNar View Post
    That works with vob. too?
    What?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    What?
    Vob. vid formats.

    Because when i try to open vob. files sony vegas dont recognize them.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gNar View Post
    Vob. vid formats.

    Because when i try to open vob. files sony vegas dont recognize them.
    . .and again you need same basic understanding:"A VOB (Video OBject) contains several streams multiplexed together" - it is NOT about Vegas not being able to read the VOB for the reasons of CODECS - and that IS the main question within this thread.

    So please, you really need to read this: What is a VOB file

    Grazie

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    . .and again you need same basic understanding:"A VOB (Video OBject) contains several streams multiplexed together" - it is NOT about Vegas not being able to read the VOB for the reasons of CODECS - and that IS the main question within this thread.

    So please, you really need to read this: What is a VOB file

    Grazie
    Oh thanks a lot mate.

  8. #8

    Default

    hmm thank you but I installed one of them and I still have the same problem =[
    edit** if its any help the avi videos appear to work on windows movie maker and everywhere else, so maybe its something to do with my vegas, any ideas? ive already tried reinstalling it.
    Last edited by amoregailkim; 10-25-2008 at 03:48 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,847
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amoregailkim View Post
    uurg well I accidently deleted all of my codecs for some reason
    It's amazing how often we find people who do this sort of thing with computers and only with computers.
    How often do you hear:
    I accidentally removed the carburettor from my car, or
    I accidentally took my pancreas out, or
    I accidentally removed all the money from my bank account.
    Tim

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It's amazing how often we find people who do this sort of thing with computers and only with computers.
    How often do you hear:
    I accidentally removed the carburettor from my car, or
    I accidentally took my pancreas out, or
    I accidentally removed all the money from my bank account.
    Whats your point? Because im serious with my statement, if your mistaken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help with Sony Vegas?
    By ALoveTypeThing in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 08:54 AM
  2. How do like Sony Vegas 8
    By videomaker in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:24 PM
  3. Sony Vegas 8 Pro Help
    By Chaos Paladin in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 10:28 AM
  4. Help With Sony Vegas
    By Soulja in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 10:33 AM
  5. Unable to Print to Tape using Sony Vegas and Sony Handicam
    By yroy in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 12:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •