Thread: Canon MV890

Default Canon MV890

Im a media production student and interested in buyimg a cam to do a bit of shooting. Ive seen in the past that the Canon MV890 is a good start. Would anyone still recommend it? Thankyou

It depends on what you want to do with the finished video. Do you want to burn it onto dvd, play the files back on a computer or upload them to the likes of YouTube or Vimeo? Do you want to connect lots of cables to your computer, rewind and fast forward tapes, install a firewire card into your computer if it hasn't already got one or do you want a much simpler setup? Mini DV does give the best picture quality in standard definition but you have all of the above to go through, so again what do you want to do with your finished video?

I want to upload them to my comp to edit and then burn onto dvd. I would also like to practice making my own documentaries.

I would go for a mini dv camcorder that uses tape. And it will give you the best quality to start with so when you go to make your dvd it will not be heavily compressed like mpeg.