Thread: Conversion of .mov to .wmv takes too long with analog videos...

Unhappy Conversion of .mov to .wmv takes too long with analog videos...

I'm using Any Video Converter Pro trial version to convert my analog video of me playing a video game to a .wmv so WMM can support it (it doesn't support .mov, .mp4 files). The file was 104 MB, dimensions were 720x480, and is 6min 52sec long.

When I started to encode the .mov/.mp4 (H.264) to the .wmv in Any Video Converter Pro 2.5, it took almost exactly one hour to convert just 3 minutes of the video (the trial version only converts 3 mins of video), so God knows how long it would take for 6 or more 0_0. The thing is, it was able to convert my real-life video in a few minutes. That file's dimensions were 1440x1080 (1080p), and the format was .mov/.mp4 (H.264). The 1080p video took only a few mins to convert to .wmv, whereas the 720x480 analog video took an hour. Is it the file size that does this? The 720x480 analog one was 104 MB, and the 1080p one was 98.1 MB.

How can I make conversion faster??? There's no way I can wait for like 1+ hours just to convert a short analog video to edit and then upload to YouTube...

Plz help! Thx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Fan Mike View Post
    I'm using Any Video Converter Pro trial version to convert my analog video of me playing a video game to a .wmv so WMM can support it (it doesn't support .mov, .mp4 files). The file was 104 MB, dimensions were 720x480, and is 6min 52sec long.

When I started to encode the .mov/.mp4 (H.264) to the .wmv in Any Video Converter Pro 2.5, it took almost exactly one hour to convert just 3 minutes of the video (the trial version only converts 3 mins of video), so God knows how long it would take for 6 or more 0_0. The thing is, it was able to convert my real-life video in a few minutes. That file's dimensions were 1440x1080 (1080p), and the format was .mov/.mp4 (H.264). The 1080p video took only a few mins to convert to .wmv, whereas the 720x480 analog video took an hour. Is it the file size that does this? The 720x480 analog one was 104 MB, and the 1080p one was 98.1 MB.

How can I make conversion faster??? There's no way I can wait for like 1+ hours just to convert a short analog video to edit and then upload to YouTube...

Plz help! Thx in advance!
    Why do you need to convert it to WMV when YouTube now accepts high resolution .mov and .mp4 files of that length?

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    Why do you need to convert it to WMV when YouTube now accepts high resolution .mov and .mp4 files of that length?
    No I know that, I want to edit them in Windows Movie Maker, but it doesn't support the type of file my videos r. Here's info on the video I was messing around with. This info was given to me by MediaInfo:

MediaInfo info on the .mov:

General:

-Format - MPEG-4
    -Format Profile - QuickTime
    -Codec ID - qt
    -Overall bit rate - 2 134 Kbps

Video:

-Format - AVC
    -Format profile - Main@L3.1
    -Codec ID - avc1
    -Bit rate mode - Variable
    -Dimensions - 720x480
    -Aspect ratio - 4:3
    -Frame rate - 29.970 fps
    -Resolution - 24 bits
    -Scan type - Progressive scan
    -Stream size - 98.3 MiB (94%)

Audio:

-Format - AAC
    -Format verison - Version 4
    -Formay profile - LC
    -Codec ID - 40
    -Bit rate - 128 Kpbs
    -Channels - 2 channels, L and R
    -Sampling rate - 48.0 KHz
    -Resolution - 16 bits
    -Stream size - 6.30 MiB (6%)

When I converted it to a .avi and imported it into WMM, it eventually crashed. But .wmv doesn't do this. Why?? I gotta use .avi cuz it took one hour to convert it to a .wmv, and only 13 minutes to convert to .avi...

I downloaded a free video converter called SUPER, thanks to a guy on Windows Movie Maker forums, it's a very good converter program that seems a lot better than ones u have to purchase, and it's free.

I converted my H.264 analog video to a .asf, and WMM handled it perfectly. No problems at all. It took near an hour to save the video to the computer, but all WMM vids take that long.

SUPER is amazing, I can't believe it's free. AVS has nothing on SUPER 0_0, it's faster with converting, has a lot of output formats and inputs, detailed parameters, etc. And yes, I used AVS multiple times before so I know.

Super c is ace - I always reccomend it.