Thread: Pixelated text

Smile Pixelated text

I should have asked about this a long time ago!

(Firstly I do not have Photoshop or After Effects I have to try to design everything graphical or texts in PPCS3. SO if this is a solution or if another progrma is please tell me >>) I have a good pc but a very minimal set-up.

OK, so when I make the videos a typical format would be a timeline with about 10 or so layers, I'd have a colour matte on the bottom (specific to clients colours brand etc) Id then create separate shapes in the title designer building up layers on the timeline,creating almost like a moving powerpoint presentation. I'd perhaps put the video inside a circle and have titles coming in throughout.

Lately it's been noticed more and more as these videos go to bigger clients and get projected much larger that the edges of ""graphics"" and text (no matter the font and colour) is very pixelated..I cant sit here and export every video in an uncompressed format as they are required as dvd's or wmv's usually.

Any advice on buying software, fixes I can do within PPCS3 or can you see if I'm doing it wrong..would be much appreciated!

See below for more of an idea

Bournemouth, UK

2 possible options

Make the fonts bigger (by that I mean increase the size in the titler not stretch them on the timeline) As these files are projected or possibly played back on flat screens, then you don't have to worry so much about overscan, so without getting carried away and putting stuff right on the edge, make them bigger to fill as much space as is sensible.

Move to hd.

It seems from your images that your video clips are resized down to fit the window. Why not keep your video full size and make everything around it bigger. This means you can still use your mini-DV cam in an HD project.

I know you say that these sequences are supplied on DVD, but it means you are able offer them as HD and then point out to the customer, that if they want fully optimized play back on large screens then they should be played back at higher res, eg blu-ray on large flat screens or HD projectors.

Something to think about, maybe
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

I suggest trying some blur. A very slight blur on text will have an effect similar to antialiasing. Avoid texts with too many straight edges.

Moving the text very slowly can mask the problem too.