Thread: Ulead VideoStudio8 rendering and quality problems!

Default Ulead VideoStudio8 rendering and quality problems!

I’m new on this forum and new in using Ulead Videostudio 8 and I have run into some (read big) problems.
    First my, PC is 2,4MHz-521Mb Fujitsu-Siemens and works great in Pinnacle Studio9 and with other graphic software. But I have been looking for a video-software with more abilities then Pinnacle Studo9 could offer. And when I found Ulead Videostudio8 with all its effect and overlays I thought this was the program I had been looking for several years!?

So back my problems. First I noticed that I could not drag any mp3 file into the audio-timeline, the program just close down without any warnings. I’m able to play the mp3 file if not dragging it down to the line, but when using wave-files it worked just great so it wasn’t any big problem!
    But when I tried to make a little 20 minutes video with totally 12-16 stills pleased 4 different places in the timeline with some text, overlay and transitions effects, the whole project started to become problematic. In the beginning when rendering during “preview-play”, the program crashed, but when I changed the working folder to another harddrive I solved that problem!? But now both when trying to preview (after rendering), the result is bad, many parts of the video has “flickering” with square color-frames flying across the screen.
    I deleted all the files in the tempfolder and tried several times, but with the same result.
    Then I just tried to make a video-file in the “share” option. I tried to make “avi” file, mpeg and mpeg2, but with the same result. The DVD-mpeg2 option in addition to give me the same flickering problem, it also gave me “poor” quality picture.

So I’m sitting here with more questions than answers and hope someone on the board can help me out.
    Is this a codec problem, and if so how can I identify it?
    Do I have too many stills and effects included, if so what it limitation in UVS8?
    Do I have some “settings” problems?
    Or could it be something else which I don’t even know the question for??

Kindly regard.

Pvest Norway
    :

First I noticed that I could not drag any mp3 file into the audio-timeline, the program just close down without any warnings. I’m able to play the mp3 file if not dragging it down to the line, but when using wave-files it worked just great so it wasn’t any big problem!
    Unfortunately I cannot replicate this problem with my version of Stusio 8. However try saving your project file just before you inset the file. Also does the same problem arise when you use the 'File > Insert Media File to Time Line > Insert Audio File' command ?

In the beginning when rendering during “preview-play”, the program crashed, but when I changed the working folder to another harddrive I solved that problem!? But now both when trying to preview (after rendering), the result is bad, many parts of the video has “flickering” with square color-frames flying across the screen.
    Could be a codec problem and perhaps you should refer this to ULead Support. Otherwise defragment both your hard disks. Double check your preferences, File > Preferences > Preview Tab > Uncheck box number 1 > Check Box number 2 and set your preveiw options to your second hard disk > uncheck the limit hard disk checkbox.

Under the File > Preferences > General Tab check that you have also set the 'Working Folder' to your second hard drive.

Hope that helps solve some of the problems.
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Default Ulead VideoStudio8 rendering and quality problems!

Hi and thanks for your response
    Sorry for not responding before now, but was a bit busy.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this problem with my version of Stusio 8. However try saving your project file just before you inset the file. Also does the same problem arise when you use the 'File > Insert Media File to Time Line > Insert Audio File' command ?
    No, the same happen if I try to “InsertMedia” file from File menu. VideoStudio just closes down.

Could be a codec problem and perhaps you should refer this to ULead Support. Otherwise defragment both your hard disks. Double check your preferences, File > Preferences > Preview Tab > Uncheck box number 1 > Check Box number 2 and set your preveiw options to your second hard disk > uncheck the limit hard disk checkbox.

Under the File > Preferences > General Tab check that you have also set the 'Working Folder' to your second hard drive.

Hope that helps solve some of the problems.
    Yes, I have u/checked the right things and yes, I have both temp and working folder on the same harddrive.
    I mistake the problem to come from either a bad codec and/or driver, because I have also Pinnacle Studio9 and some other media software installed. Which again don’t “like to be installed together” at the same time, - maybe??

Because of several users on my PC and because I’m what you can call “Nosy Parker”, I tend to install different software just for to check them out.
    Though I normally uninstall most of them again, I might have some codec’s or drivers etc. left, which may conflicting with each other? And maybe the best solution would be a big "Format C:" and start from scratch, but I hate to take that step and loose most of what I have and that is my dilemma right now. :

I also installed the same Ulead VideoStudio8 (also together with Pinnacle Studio9) on my Dell laptop, and there it work just great.
    On the same laptop I also installed the trial version of Ulead DVD Pictureshow3 and tried to make a mixed video and slideshow DVD and it also worked alright. The only minus, was a few photos with some “light greyish mountain” motives, started flickering a lot and spoiled those specific images, the rest worked alright, also with mp3 music.

But Ulead DVD Pictureshow3-trial, used hours on my Fujitsu-Siemens pc, on trying to make a slideshow (4x50 photos). The only positive thing with that program, was the ability to ad mp3 music without the program closing down like VideoStudio did!??
    But I just had to get out of the program, because it never finished making a slide DVD!
    It just didn’t worked on that PC and I uninstalled it.

So if I can’t solve it, I guess ULead Support must be the next step.
    I had also some problem with accessing Ulead forums earlier, because some restriction in Explore settings, but after adjusting them I was able to log in, so I will check them out later.

Regards,
    Pvest