Thread: Faster HD converting?

1. Default Faster HD converting?

Hey everyone,

I've tried some MTS converters, and they all seem to convert HD files very slow.
    Is it always slow to convert HD files? Or is there any way to speed it up?

Thanks for your advice,

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by vboudewijn View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've tried some MTS converters, and they all seem to convert HD files very slow.
    Is it always slow to convert HD files? Or is there any way to speed it up?

Thanks for your advice,

Vince

You can try Daniusoft Media Converter Pro, it supports many HD Video files like M2TS, TP, TRP, TS, AVI, etc and the output quality is great

Hi, What are you trying to convert them to, if you just wont to do a DVD it's easier to use a DVD recorder and edit the VOB files and re-author them, other wise it's going to be slow if you're down converting or adding overlays and titles. if you edit with a program that does smart render and you keep things simple, it's surprising how quickly you can edit.

I personally use tmpengc and I think it works great. Well worth buying. Can convert anything to anything it seems.

But unless you have a beefy system I think mts or mt2s will always take awhile to convert. Mts is pretty heavily compressed, and depending on what your converting to, the software literally has to recreate frames that do not exsist. Interframe compression looks across frames and only only looks for differnces between them, and erases the rest of the redundant data. So when your converting an interframe compressed file, the software has to rebuild these frames based on information from surrounding frames. Thats why when you edit an mts file its so slow. Because depending on where you put your seeker, there may be barely any data on that frame so the program has to rebuild that frame first.

Hope that makes sense im bad at wording haha.

Hi,

In terms of transferring files to PC, I got Duron 1.10 GHz, 512 RAM, converter for transfer MTS files into AVI. Videos can be transferred on to a standard DVD recorder but only in standard format, not HD, but still good quality in my opinion. Anyone, who has problem with PC, I am able to send my converter from MTS to AVI to anyone who add $5 to my pay pal account d.cowan AT ymail.com

David

Has anyone tried MPEG_Streamclip1.2? I haven't tried it myself yet with M2TS files but would be interested to know if it works. It can be downloaded from Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows and it is freeware. You need to download another freeware utility called QuickTimeAlt181 as it has all the necessary codecs (it might have M2TS, not 100% sure) and install it first, then install and run MPEG_Streamclip1.2. If it works let us know.

you can try some good converters at www.geovid.com