Thread: Help! Exporting from Premiere to After Effects

Default Help! Exporting from Premiere to After Effects

Hello everyone!

new member to the board, and am stuck with an editing problem.

I have video clips in my premiere timeline, and I want to export the composition to after effects to key out the greenscreen and perform image correction / adjustments.

When I export, the video comes into AE on one video clip, instead of individual clips, and the audio is either no working or it didn't properly import.

What is the correct way to export from premiere and import into AE?

Also, if I did do it right, could there be some mis configured settings??

Much appreciated,

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by notlaw View Post
    Hello everyone!

new member to the board, and am stuck with an editing problem.

I have video clips in my premiere timeline, and I want to export the composition to after effects to key out the greenscreen and perform image correction / adjustments.

When I export, the video comes into AE on one video clip, instead of individual clips, and the audio is either no working or it didn't properly import.

What is the correct way to export from premiere and import into AE?

Also, if I did do it right, could there be some mis configured settings??

Much appreciated,

Scott
    My friend it is difficult for us to know if you did it right because you never actually told us HOW you did it.

I'm using 'Production Studio' (which means Ppro v2 and AEv7) and have two options.

I can either export my Ppro timeline out to a file in a lossless format. (AVI), import that into AE and work on it. Export the AE composition back out in a lossless format and re-import that back into your Premiere timeline. Remmber to only export as much as you really need in AE.

Alternatively, I can use a feature called Dynamic Link whcih allows live update in one from the other.

I'm curious though, why would you expect mutiple clips in AE after exporting from Premiere?

very busy, completely forgot to explain my process.

I exported the project file from premiere, and imported using AE.

I want multiple clips because each shot is different, thus a different threshold and configuration is needed for each color key.

could this be done with dynamic link?

“After Effects preserves the order of clips in the timeline, the footage duration (including all trimmed In and Out points), and marker and transition locations. After Effects bases the arrangement of layers in the Timeline panel on the arrangement of clips in the Adobe Premiere Pro Timeline panel. After Effects adds Adobe Premiere Pro clips to the Timeline panel as layers in the order they appeared—from the bottom up and from left to right—in the Adobe Premiere Pro Timeline panel. After Effects preserves changes made to the speed of a clip, for example, with the Clip > Speed command, and these changes appear as a value in the Stretch column in the After Effects Timeline panel. “

After Effects CS3

this is the method i used.