Thread: RC

Default RC

Hey haven't around here for a while, so hello again.

There are those in the world that think video should be all work, but it was great to shoot something just for fun.

You can drive a bus through a some of the edits, so consider it open season.

Mike

YouTube - RC Traxxas REVO
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

If video's became real work I'd stop tomorrow!

Great fun making something like this as you say, liked the 'scale' viewing angles, too many of these are made from a standing position which loses all of the dynamics of them.

Plenty to say on what could have been done, but from your intro you know that anyway.

Simple fun being the order of the day for me, served me well!

That was nice, great framing and the car always looked large enough in frame to keep it interesting.

Really did remind me of those kids commercials which would sell the car.

At least you did not go down the path of chasing the car with your camera, you let the car cover the frame with its move.

Shooting small stuff (well looking back thats a huge model car, or a very small kid) in a big world is always difficult, you have done a great job with a difficult subject.

One thing of note, and its in the arty farty world, I would have dressed down the car jump ramp as it sticks out a little too much, give it that very used look and it would have suited the surrounding enviroment much better, and for some extra effect had some pow pow dust on it, you know that dust which is added to kung foo fighters before they shoot. Would have given the jump that little extra effect.

Its all colour and movement, easy to add.

The Devil Is In The Detail.

The Mad Bomber..
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Default RC Video

Thanks for the replies,

The video worked out quite well, with only a little thought and no real work.

Nice that the simple stuff can also be the most fun to do

Cheers
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miwhel View Post
    You can drive a bus through a some of the edits, so consider it open season.
    You're being far too harsh on yourself - I wouldn't change a thing. Great stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    You're being far too harsh on yourself - I wouldn't change a thing. Great stuff.
    Gotta agree with Marc. It really captured the enthusiasm of the lad and for that alone it scores points. And I don't think the angles lost any 'dynamics' at all.

Blog Entries

Hi dude - long time.

Loved the video... ( hello - social services? )

The car came across as a real character, sort of came to life for me. Dont kids have some cool toys, but I bet that never came from the pound shop.

Nice shed too.

There's only one kid gets to play with that toy!!!!

Richard will get his own quite soon, probably not nitro, but something fast and rugged no doubt.

Now things have quietened a bit (not for too long I hope), it is nice to just make the odd one for fun again.

Thanks for the replies

PS. Andy, the high angle shot was from a Hague Junior jib that I spoke to you about a few months back, most of our shots are interiors so this works out a perfect size with an HV20 attached. As per your recommendation I have done some work on the head, first installing a vinyl bush and thicker grease, which did help. Am in the process of turning a new 2 piece head with thumbscrew adjuster that should make it fully fluid.

Cheers for the info.