Thread: PROS and CON Game competition

Smile PROS and CON Game competition

Filmaka is always running several short film competitions through their website - but the end goal of all of them is to win a feature film, TV or web series deal. Winners of each month's competition are chosen by a jury of film professionals including Wim Wenders (Wings of Desire), Deepak Nayar (Buena Vista Social club) and Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man). Last year we commissioned over 40 web series from filmmakers across the planet, from Tokyo to Mexico City, and awarded $5 million in production funding to a Londoner, Nuru Rimington-Mkali, to direct his feature film.

We also have a world-wide membership network of independent filmmakers - people who are looking for production crews, editors, writers, and collaborators. You can get an online profile with a personalized url and upload your professional demo reel for free.

And we have lots of cool short films on our site you can watch in several languages.

Don't take my word for it: http://www.filmaka.com/featurefilm

Don't look at other comments ! first see then ... ask
    also look at winner's page http://www.filmaka.com/community.php
    Last edited by gaurav.filmaka1; 10-21-2008 at 06:25 PM.

Blog Entries

You have to pay to enter all of 'filmaka' so called competitions. Tut tut.

Blog Entries

Comments from registered filmaka users... from the filmmaka site.....

" NEEBIES REALLY NEED TO READ THE FILMMAKA CONTRACT FOR SUBMISSION……………….THEY ”OWN” YOUR FILM!!! SO, IF YOUR GOOD YOU DON;T NEED THEM TO STEAL YOUR WORK, FOR 300 BUCKS!! "

"THEY ARE THIEVES, AND PRAY, AS IN FEED AND DRINK THE BLOOD OF, ALL THE WANNA BE WRITERS!!!
    READ THE CONTRACT THEY MAKE YOU SIGN FIRST!!! "

" Have the Indians gone mad? They keep sending me emails to submit my film…they want films so they can sell them and make millions while you win little prizes like $300!!! whoopie..I have a one in a million chance at $300!!!!!

scam! "

Blog Entries

WATSON the name is WATSON - and in the words of my compatriot, it's elementary - Filmaka are a CON.

The game is up...

'Afoot' wasn't it? Dunno.

Anyway, you're forum is a sad testament to a lot of very unhappy people, er, GuRu.

So what's the deal, failure to pay people in resonable time, a new payment tracking system giving no benefit.

Smells of cashflow problems from what is clearly a business operating as an authority on film making. It's just a numbers game, you get x amount of paying entries, a bunch of people I've never heard of judge on the panel, for a fee no doubt, and you give some back to the entrants, eventually, and keep the rest as profit.

So I'm guessing expenditure has outweighed income? The way you're biting Mark's head off implies desperation too, not the act of a person confident in their position.

It stinks, go away.

???????????????????????????????????????

Blog Entries

In a nut shell - we see filmamka competitions, oh, about once a week, and we always moan that it looks like a scam - having to pay to enter, loosing all copyright control....

This is UNACCEPTALE in my view and many of forum users feel simiularly.

Another good use for C-4, Nothing's free in this world so if your asperation is to "Make it Big" I suggest doing your best and sharing it through ligitimate chanels and NOT these copyright steeling scams!!! ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT. Hard work and persistance is more effective and more respected than playing some lottery and leaving your orriginal pieces of art in the hands of crooks if you ask me. So I shall go back to my own hard work and lagh at those who threw it all away on a fancy "get rich quick" sales pitch.
    Who knows? Any of us could get noticed by a higher power and strike a deal from our tallents alone. That's how the entertainment industry is supposed to work. (not saying it's perfect by any means) The bottom line is, If you take your tallent that you were born with and you barry it under a rock, you will never know what your true potential is. But if you take your tallent and share it with the world every opprotunity you get, (even if you don't "make it big") you will have the satisfaction that could only come from the true generosity associated with sharing your deepest passions of creativity and imagination. Somehow I feel that only an artist will get what I have just said. I must stop....... I....... I'm......... I'm getting all misty eyed
    Last edited by rgander1; 11-25-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: might have been offensive
    Ryan AKA rgander1 AKA "the videobloggoligist"