Thread: Problem with Frames per second

Default Problem with Frames per second

Hi everyone, I have a big major problem!!! Iīm making an animation as a graduation work and Iīm having trouble on the FPS!!! See, Iīm using After Effects CS3, and I render my animation scenes in Quicktime H.264 on 17 FPS!!! Then I import them to Premiere CS3 to edit, sound and everything, but when I render from premiere the movie becomes flicked, with ghost frames in-between the normal frames!!! I though that this problem might be because of the difference between the framerate on each software, and I couldnīt find a way to set the framerate on the premiere to 17 as well!!! And I canīt change the framerate on the after effects either because i have other elemments composing my scene that are already at 17 FPS!!!! Please, does someone know how to fix this??? If someone could help me I appreciate!!!

Sounds very similar to a problem I was having recently cured from this forum, working with a 15 fps animation.

My problem tuned out to be 'Frame Blending' being active, it's that which produces the intermediate frames which appear to be the two frames either side at 50% opacity, or similar, so you see the both of them in sort of fuzzy version.

I've since noted that in the setup I was using it appears to be a default setting to have blending on.

EDIT: If it helps here's my enquiry mentioned above, including an image, does yours look like that?

Intermediate frames
    Last edited by Jerry Hill; 10-17-2008 at 11:02 PM.

Yes thatīs exactly like that!!!Where do I disable the frame blending?? Iīll try to disable it!!! If I scceed Iīll let you know!! Thank you very much!!!!

I allready found it on your post, right click on the time line!!!! Thank you very much pal, you saved my life!!!!

Well it might be elsewhere in After Effects, I was using Premiere CS3, but it's the same thing I'm sure.

I changed it on the premiere and it worked out just fine!!!

Yeah that's it, so is it ok now?

Edit: Ooh er! It's gone!
    Last edited by Jerry Hill; 10-18-2008 at 01:14 AM.