Thread: 'Videos with different sound levels'

Default 'Videos with different sound levels'

And first of all sorry for my bad english, I wish you understand.

And then to my problem: I have few (music) videos, most of 'em are mpeg and avi. I should burn them to dvd, but problem is sound - volume ain't at the same level in those videos (I mean other one sound ok, other too loud etc).

So the question is: how could I equalize those different videos sounds to same level?

I've try to remove sound with Virtual DubMod and then equalize that with Mp3GainGui and then but it back with Virtual DubMod but there must be some easier way..? And that harder way doesn't work with all of those videos.

So please tell me, is there any program that could do that all...

Blog Entries

It would be a bit easier to use a video editor, you could do it in one step then.

You have to be a little bit careful with music audio because there are different levels of compression too. Tracks that have similar looking maximum audio level have in fact a perceived loudness which is higher because of audio compression.

It doesn't look like mp3gaingui is going to help you here anyway - because in fact it won't work on the final video if they're all edited together.

But ain't Mp3GainGui working anyway, because - as far as I understand - it plays with volumes and you can set volume like 89 db, so if I convert all videos to that (but one by one and with too much work)..?

And if I put them all to one and then do that, ain't it letting that difference between loudest and most quiet one?

Anyway, that is hard work, so next question is: what would be good video editor (and cheap as possible ofcourse)?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    Anyway, that is hard work, so next question is: what would be good video editor (and cheap as possible ofcourse)?
    Do you want GOOD or CHEAP. You can't have both.
    Sony Vegas is one of the best for sound processing. It ain't cheap ($400+) but it is good!