Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAL Widescreen problem

Default PAL Widescreen problem

Hi all sorry for my first post bieng a question but im after getting stuck and need a bit of help!

I recorded a show on a sony handycam that uses mini dvds did all the editing in Vegas Platinum 6.0.
    I am looking to output it in PAL Widescreen so selected Pal DV widescreen template in the project properties and in the make movie section i selected DVD PAL.
    That outputted a file 4.7 GB which i put into DVD Architect 3.0a but when i go to make movie and select PAL Widescreen the file is 6.1 GB
    I then try fit to disk but get an error saying that the media file is too large to fit in 1 dvd.
    The movie is 1hr 40mins and will fit if i use NTSC but that is no good for me.

I tried doing just a small section of movie with the above settings and it worked fine.

Any ideas as to how i can optimise it to get it to fit it in one DVD ?

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Are you saying the ONLY difference between the two processes is whether various settings are set to PAL Widescreen or PAL? Interesting. I'd be pretty confident that there's a different setting somewhere that you have changed. I'll try to have a play sometime (I have a copy of VMPS6 so I should be able to replicate)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Camcorders really are not the best way of getting a tv show recorded, suggest a video or dvd player / recorder.

You are just making so much work for yourself.

As for not fitting on a dvd, cant you just knock the bit rate back a bit in dvd a ?

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Are you saying the ONLY difference between the two processes is whether various settings are set to PAL Widescreen or PAL? Interesting. I'd be pretty confident that there's a different setting somewhere that you have changed. I'll try to have a play sometime (I have a copy of VMPS6 so I should be able to replicate)
    Sorry im a bit of a noob but by the two processes do you mean the one that works and the one which will not fit? if so the only difference is the size of the movie bieng 1hr 40min long on the one which is too large and 1 min in the other.

Also the NTSC version will fit to disk fine using the full movie but the PAL Widescreen or any PAL option for that matter will not fit using the exact same movie in DVD architect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Camcorders really are not the best way of getting a tv show recorded, suggest a video or dvd player / recorder.

You are just making so much work for yourself.

As for not fitting on a dvd, cant you just knock the bit rate back a bit in dvd a ?
    Sorry, it wasent a tv show it was a stage performance kinda show. There is a slide bar where you can adjust the bitrate in DVD Architect alrite i think but it only knocks off a few MB whereas i need to loose around 2GB somehow??

Blog Entries

Ha - I see - my bad.

I am not a dvd a expert but the I am sure you can drastically alter the bit rate somewhere - my last comp dvd was large so I cut it at 4 mbit / sec to get it to fit.

Ha - I see - my bad.

I am not a dvd a expert but the I am sure you can drastically alter the bit rate somewhere - my last comp dvd was large so I cut it at 4 mbit / sec to get it to fit.
    Ya that would be great, only to find it...................

Anyone got any ideas where i can do this?

Blog Entries

Looking now................

Blog Entries

File > optimize dvd > bit rate slider at bottom left, or use fit to disc. ( dvda 4.0)

File > optimize dvd > bit rate slider at bottom left, or use fit to disc. ( dvda 4.0)
    Cheers for having a look but ive tried both of them already unfortunately

Blog Entries

And it didnt reduce the size as you thought - that is weird....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast