Getting to the issue quick, programs I am using are not detecting the HpExpresscard I got that came with the Computer.
It is a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1500. Model 439139-001.
When I use the WinTV program, the device is not listed under devices. When I use Ulead trial, I use the Analog option, it says "Failed to Connect to Driver: Hauppauge WinTV 885 Video Capture", but when I use the Digital TV option, the capture card light turns on but nothing appears to the screen. When I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, it says "device is offline." When I try to use Roxio, it says Select Video Device Failed. When I tried to use VirtualDub 1.8.6, it goes "Unable to start video capture."
I would had use quickplay like I usually do but I tried to update it recently and it only goes into DVDplay. Yes I tried reinstalling it but it keeps going to DVDplay and I read up on the problem, I would need to do a system recovery the whole computer, but F that.
I tried reinstalling drivers but didn't work. Just making sure you uninstall it from device manager correct?
More or less, I was at a car meet and I have to capture the video through the composite cable through the capture card. This is really stressing me out a lot, especially that stupid QuickPlay crap. I am in dear help and need to get this video done asap.
Here is the laptop I'm using.
- HP Pavilion dv9500t CTO NB
- Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz/4MB L2Cache)
- 17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Widescreen (1680x1050)
- 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- 511MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
- FREE Upgrade: HP Imprint Finish/Microphone/Webcam
- Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network w/Bluetooth
- 240GB 5400RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (120GB x 2)
- LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer
- HP Expresscard TV Tuner for Windows Vista Notebook
- 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works 8.0
Again thanks guys for even reading this lolz..