Thread: Corel Videostudio X2 Transition Prombem

Default Corel Videostudio X2 Transition Prombem

Hi guys!

I am new in the line of Video editing! I was using VideoStudio 10 for editing my home videos. Recently I brought Corel VideoStudio X2 but realised that this versions lacks a lot of transitions that v.10 includes.

Can some one please guide me as to how van I add those transitions to my newer version.

Thank you.

Blog Entries

I dont how to do that, BUT... Most new editors vastly over and mis use transitions spiling thier films. It can look distracting and a bit naff to use lots of weird transitions.

Jazzy transitions can work but are best used sparingly and appropriately.

I agree with you but because my project used a few transitions that was there in the previous version, I wanted to use those...

Quote Originally Posted by go4saket View Post
    I agree with you but because my project used a few transitions that was there in the previous version, I wanted to use those...
    Hi go4saket

The Transitions themselves can not be imported directly but if you want to use the missing transitions here is a quick how to.
    You will need the transition file from version 10 so the first thing to do is to install VideoStudio 10 ( it can be uninstalled later ).
    Click the Windows Start button and click on the Run option. On the field type %appdata% and click OK, this will open the Application Data folder. Browse for a folder called "Ulead Systems". Inside you should have two folders, one called "Corel VideoStudio" and the other called "Ulead VideoStudio". Open the "Corel VideoStudio" and then the 12.0 folder. There you will find a file called "HerEff.dat" ( this is the Transitions file ), rename the file to something like "HerEff.datOLD". Now go back to the "Ulead Systems" folder and open the "Ulead VideoStudio" folder and also the 10.0 folder, select and copy the "HerEff.dat". Now go back the "Corel VideoStudio\12.0" folder and paste the " HerEff.dat" file there. Close all the folders and open Corel VideoStudio 12, you should have the missing Transitions there now.
    Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Regards
    Tony

Default Transition Issues

It's a pleasure to be here among others. im a newbie so bear with me. I just downloaded Video Studio Pro X2 and everything was going ok till I tried to drag and drop a transition into between to clips on the time line. it simply wont work. i thought it was a setting but nothing i do works...HELP!! my email is richard_cook2006@yahoo.com thaks in advance

Post The Day The Earth Stood Still

The Day the Earth Stood Still is a 2008 science fiction film, a remake of the 1951 film of the same name.Actually, after i've seen it, I was dissapointed. Perect cast, interest theme, but scenario doesn't conform to modern world-view and lifestyle. Interest ot hear other opinions, do you like this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMann View Post
    It's a pleasure to be here among others. im a newbie so bear with me. I just downloaded Video Studio Pro X2 and everything was going ok till I tried to drag and drop a transition into between to clips on the time line. it simply wont work. i thought it was a setting but nothing i do works...HELP!! my email is richard_cook2006@yahoo.com thaks in advance
    Hey RichardMann, I have the same problem with you. did you solve it?
    Waiting for your answer very much