Thread: short video

Default short video

Here is a video to give you guys an idea of the videos i make.

dont share this link if you could do me that favor my bandwidth has been getting killed to the extent of $1500 a month

http://beyondthequarter.com/tryingtocompress.wmv

15 megs

the begining is the part where i am trying to soften the edges of the picture in picture windows as they go across the screen

enjoy

Blog Entries

Rather than softening the edges, why not try creating a thin black border around the edge of the clip? It also seems a bit odd running the clip along the top border. I would definately move this inside the safe area.

In addition to the above, you might consider giving your PIP rounded edges.

Or even better, have the main shot in a rectangle box with a coloured trim, then have the PIP boxes moving around. These would be a square as opposed to a rectangle, but with the same coloured trim.

Some nice footage there, good shots and angles. You also captured the sound well.

My own personal view is that I would probably remove the PiP part at the beginning and have those as faint video showing through the main video and probably have a few of them doing that almost simultaneously (starting a few frames apart from each other).

The effect is demonstrated well here in this -->video clip<-- (between sec 29 and 33)

(Marc, why do the hyperlinks sometimes not show when using the bbcode url tags?)
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

phpBB (the backend of the forums) uses a forum wide colour for hyperlinks. As this includes the above navigation which I want to be black, all hyperlinks come out as black. Without hardcoding ammendments, this will stay the same If you want to post in line links, I would suggest you bold and/or underline the word. Alternaitively, post an online link in the form www.mylink.com for "www.mylink/this is a long link that will make the page stretch.html".

It's a great video, but I don't know what it's about. (well cars obviously but.. just shut up :-P)

Is it just you and a few friends messing around? Is it for a club or organisation? It it some sort of promo video?

its almost a trailer for my next dvd, needs a little more refinement still

Default bandwith

I dont pay for my webspace I run a webserver off my computer... Its not even hard to set up and runs pretty fast for free if u want any help just respond of Insant Message me on AIM at "k8p"