Thread: Greenscreen Fabrik

Default Greenscreen Fabrik

I'm gonna do some greenscreen work with After Effects. I'm going to do something similar to what Andrew Kramer did when he created 4 siluettes(spelling?) of a guy dancing.

Now to the question, what can I use a as greenscreen? just a green blanket or does it have to be some special fabrik?

Not sure how much I'll need to light it either, but since I'm going to make siluettes I don't think it will be to hard, I'll just try to not get to much shadows.

Sorry if the spelling is bad.

you can pick up green screen material at a reasonable price on ebay....we purchased 2 types....a 4m X 5m one and a pop out one

Quote Originally Posted by GoatzZ View Post
    I'm gonna do some greenscreen work with After Effects. I'm going to do something similar to what Andrew Kramer did when he created 4 siluettes(spelling?) of a guy dancing.

Now to the question, what can I use a as greenscreen? just a green blanket or does it have to be some special fabrik?

Not sure how much I'll need to light it either, but since I'm going to make siluettes I don't think it will be to hard, I'll just try to not get to much shadows.

Sorry if the spelling is bad.
    Actually you can use anything. And you DO have to light it, else it won't key.

I have in the past just gone to a general fabric store and purchased the green screen fabric. It was very cheap (around 15). The most important things are that it is
    relatively thick, it is a bright shade of green (Fluorescent) and that you have purchased enough to get the coverage you need.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

I have used stuff from a fabric shop, bright walss, clothing and the real deal.

I have found bespoke g screen material to be better, but screening is still fiddly and as suggested lighting is a must to avoid shadows on the screen. Shiney fabric is best avoided too.

Aiight, thanks for the response

The lighting has to be spot on, to coin a phrase and make sure there are no creases in the material.

and remember to have enough material for you talent to stand on while doing their dance. I'm familiar with that particular tutorial. Make sure there is enough green screen and that the feet are well lit cos that's where the worst shadows to key will come from - because it's the one placve your talent can;t get far enough away from the cloth - unless they can fly!