I am completely new to Video Editing/Coding/Compressing/Uncompressing/Etc.
I am a computer engineer working as a web developer. NEVER worked with video before! There is a new project that needs to be completed at work, and I would love to tackle it.
Basically I would need to rip some chapters from a DVD, change their order and create a presentation.
Depending on how complex all this is, the final product should be one of the following (from easiest to hardest):
1. Create a new DVD with sound/video from the chapters ripped. This should be made so it loops continuously. (should run on any DVD player)
2. Create a video that will run on a computer using the ripped chapters that loops continuously with interactive menu.
3. Create the same DVD of Step 1, but with interactive menu. (should run on any DVD player)
The project seems to be simple enough but I have never done it before. I would need help with the following:
1. What tools (software/hardware) do I need to rip chapters from a DVD?
2. I am 99% sure that the content of the DVD is not protected, but what should I use if it is not?
3. I am planning on using Adobe Premiere to re-arrange/shorten chapters. Would this be the right tool? Do I need any particular version?
4. What software should I use to add interactive menus? (Not family type of menus but something more high end).
5. What software should I use to finally package the movie (DVD format & Computer).
Thanks a lot in advance!
Any other info/help you can provide, that I might have forgotten to ask, will be very welcome!