Thread: Fading Links in DVD4

1. Default Fading Links in DVD4

I actually have two related questions:

1. While you can delay the appearance of the "active" highlight on links in the menu of DVD4 by setting the "Loop Point" on the properties on the Menu, I don't see a way to de-activate them before the menu's end. Is there a setting for this anywhere?

2. If the answer to Question #1 is no, then is there a way to fade them out? In other words, if I fade the video clip I'm using for my menu background, the highlighted link stays in its full color, so it defeats the purpose of the fade out.

Either a solution to #1 or #2 would solve my problem, although #2 would be more elegant.

Thanks for anyone who's got the answer (no prize, though).

Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Blog Entries

It's been a while since I had cause to use DVDa but I'm sure v4 supports keyframing on the menu's now. Check the help file, I'm sure it does....

3. Default

DVD4 does have keyframing, and while I've never used it I can see from the description that it might be a workaround for my problem. BUT there's this caveat that I think shoots down that approach:

Note: ...if a button has keyframe animation applied, button highlighting may not be visible when you burn your project to DVD.

Since I am using only the highlighting (I make the button invisible) this sounds like it won't work for me. Is that how you read it?